Economist x 7
- Post Date:August 13, 2021
- Views 459
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
The National Competitiveness Commission [NCC] is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament [Chapter 14:36], and falls under the purview of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MoIC). The Commission is mandated to facilitate the creation of a competitive environment for Zimbabwean business through the development, coordination and implementation of key policy improvements required for domestic, regional and global competitiveness. The Commission seeks to consider suitably qualified candidates for the following ‘Permanent Contract’ position of Economist x 7 to be based at our Harare offices.
This position requires an experienced and a mature professional who will work with the Chief Economist and associated stakeholders in shaping the industrial economic policy landscape across all sectors of the economy through evidenced based research, policy analysis and benchmarking to ensure Zimbabwe’s global competitiveness.
Duties & Responsibilities (Key Result Areas)
- Undertake evidence-based research and benchmarking, as well as maintain a comprehensive national statistical database for use in the analysis of competitiveness across all sectors of the economy;
- Develop, coordinate and implement key income and pricing policies that will enhance global competitiveness;
- Analyze and provide information on old and new business regulations that need to be reviewed to enhance national competitiveness;
- Carry out analysis of existing policies, processes, products and services; and where applicable recommend improvements in line with operational standards, legislation or organisational requirements;
- Identify, verify and monitor key cost drivers in all sectors of the economy to enhance national competitiveness and productivity;
- Conduct value chain analysis;
- Track macroeconomic developments to assess the impact on competitiveness;
- Liaise with Goverment Ministries, Departments Agencies (MDAs) Development Partners, Sponsors, Academia, Business Membership Organisations (BMOs) and other stakeholders on national competitiveness;
- Represent the Commission effectively on inter-agency working policy groups and form sound working relations;
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Required Skills & Attributes
- Results driven and ability to relate with various stakeholders at all levels;
- High computer proficiency
- Good oral and writing skills.
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Good critical-thinking skills to gather all of the available data and make informed decisions.
- Excellent research skills to find all related information needed pertaining to Competitiveness of various economic sectors.
- Must have knowledge of analysing large amount of data and proficiency in use of statistical packages e.g. SPSS.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- A Degree in Economics or a related discipline;
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ experience in policy formulation under the Government or Business Management Organisation set up;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis;
- Verifiable experience in Economic Policy Analysis and Research:
Interested candidates should send their applications, resumes and certified copies of academic and professional certificates to: [email protected] addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Competitiveness Commission,
1 Adylinn Road,
Cnr Marlborough and Adylinn Rd,
Applications should be received not later than 15 August 2021.
WOMEN candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and remuneration and benefits will be communicated ONLY for successful candidates. In the interest of public health, please note that no hard copy applications will be accepted.
Related Jobs (69)
Governance and Internal Control Review Consultancy on September 17, 2021 Consultancy