Driver (UN Zimbabwe Roster)
- Post Date:June 27, 2022
- Views 436
- Career Level DriverQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location : Harare, ZIMBABWE
Application Deadline : 27-Jun-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SB-2
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Oct-2022
Duration of Initial Contract : 6 months
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Operations or Operations/Administrative Manager/Administrative Associate/Assistant, the Driver, provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, diplomatic conduct, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
Maintenance of assigned vehicle
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, cost recoveries, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- The driver will keep vehicle in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing.
Documentation of vehicle related information
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
Diplomatic contact and protocol
- The ability to follow procedure of UN governing rules, code of conduct whilst representing or interface with the country partners in executing duties
- LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility:
- LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination:
- LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner:
- LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
- LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
- Ability to identify and organize action around mitigating and proactively managing risks
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
Security Incident Management & Monitoring:
- Security Policy Awareness & Implementation; Knowledge of security policy concepts and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Safety Management (including Air, Road, Fire): Knowledge of air, road, and fire safety programmes/systems and ability to assess risks and identify mitigation measures
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education;
- A valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- Defensive driving license will be an added advantage.
- Three years of professional driving experience.
- UN or International organization will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in English.
- Fluency in Shona and or Ndebele.