- Post Date:February 11, 2021
- Views 369
- Qualification CertificateExperience 5-10 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
Duty station: Gweru
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental Organisations in development co- operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner Organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on WASH, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response.
- To drive WHH vehicles as per WHH policies and procedures, the Road Traffic Act of Zimbabwe and other applicable rules and regulations, instructions and guidelines;
- To ensure that WHH vehicles are clean all the time to make them hospitable to passengers and maintain the image of WHH;
- To undertake daily checks on vehicles as per the WHH Transport Policy to ensure that they are roadworthy all the time so that there are no disruptions to business activities due to preventable faults;
- To advise the designated supervisor when the vehicle is due for service and plan for the servicing of the vehicle to avoid disruptions of activities due to preventable faults;
- To run errands as instructed by the designated supervisor and any other senior officer;
- Conduct vehicle handover checks at all times when vehicles are exchanged and report any noted anomalies promptly;
- Compile monthly fuel return forms;
- Update the logbook after every trip;
- List all vehicle defects before submitting for service;
- Ensure that in the event of an accident, WHH Policies and Procedures and the Road Traffic Act guidelines are followed;
- Other office duties such as photocopying, scanning and filing;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
- 5 O’ Levels including English;
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s License;
- Defensive Driving certificate;
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Driver;
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations;
- Administrative Qualifications is an added advantage;
- Working knowledge of local roads and routes;
- The ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals;
- Effective communication skills;
- Good time management skills;
- Punctual and reliable.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Due to overwhelming responses to adverts, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19 February 2021