Driver / Mechanic
- Post Date:January 31, 2021
- Views 374
- Qualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
About International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. IMCs’ mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. IMC has worked in Zimbabwe since 2009.
- The incumbent will be responsible for providing efficient, reliable and safe driving services;
- Additionally, s/he drives the office vehicle for transporting authorized personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues;
- The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil, fan belt etc;
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean both inside and out;
- Keep records of spare parts for the vehicle and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts;
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals;
- Make sure that the vehicle always has full tank prior departure for field trips, and jerry cans if necessary;
- Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination;
- Ensure that the vehicle(s) is used only for official/ authorized business, as advised by the supervisor;
- Ensure that all the required documents/supplies in the assigned vehicles including vehicle insurance, vehicle licenses and registration, vehicle logbooks, first aid kit, necessary spare parts etc. are in the assigned vehicle at all times;
- Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption etc. for the vehicle;
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IMC and its officials;
- Take proper measurements to reduce potential security threats to passengers or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes;
- Collect and delivers mail / documents as assigned;
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Perform any other duties that the supervisor may assign.
- The Driver may be called upon to work outside normal working hours and weekends.
- Minimum O level qualifications with at least 5 passes;
- Must possess Valid Class 4 Driving License;
- Defensive driving certificate;
- At least 4 years’ driving experience working for a humanitarian organization;
- Mechanic qualification and experience an added advantage;
- Personal Commitment and high level of integrity;
- Good understanding of roads and road conditions in areas of operation;
- Fluent in English and Ndebele.
Interested candidates are required to submit a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae with the job title in the subject line to: [email protected]
Deadline: 5 February 2021