Driver (Global Fund Project)
- Post Date:March 9, 2022
- Views 544
- Career Level DriverQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duty station: Gweru
Contract type: Fixed Term
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV and AIDS research in Zimbabwe. CeSHHAR in collaboration with the MOHCC and NAC is implementing a National Sex Work Programme aimed at reducing HIV acquisition and transmission among female, male and transgender sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. Low consistent condom use, risk of drug use and increasing transactional sex are some of the common reasons that put these key populations at risk of acquiring STI and HIV infections. Therefore, reaching these populations and increasing awareness and access to STI & HIV prevention, testing and treatment services are fundamental to reducing transmission of STI and HIV infections.
The Driver will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day travel requirements of the sex work programme team;
- Under the overall supervision of the Regional Project Coordinator, and under direct supervision of Site Manager / Site Lead the Driver will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Driving SW Programme team on a full-time basis;
- This will include traveling to the local outreach and highway outreach sites on a regular basis;
- Taking note of any faults that may develop on the vehicle and bringing them to the attention of Site Manager and the Administration department as soon as possible;
- Ensuring that the vehicle has the necessary accessory tools;
- Maintaining the programme vehicle including oil, water, tyre, service checks and any other duties that may be assigned by the office administrator to ensure a smooth project flow;
- Maintenance of vehicle logbook;
- Fuel Management, preparing monthly fuel reconciliations for project vehicle;
- May be required from time to time to conduct duties such as cleaning offices;
- Together with the outreach team the driver will be expected to assist in loading highway Clinic trunks / materials into the vehicle;
- Assist with distribution of commodities ( such as condoms and lubricants);
- Conduct any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A clean four driver’s license;
- Valid defensive driver’s license;
- At least 2 years relevant working experience;
- Experience of working in Non-Governmental Organizations or Civil Society Organization in HIV / AIDS related programmes is an added advantage;
- A mature person who is well organized;
- Ability to work independently but within a team framework;
- Fluent in English and Shona.
Please email your CV and application cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager and send to [email protected] Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 11 March 2022 (430pm)