- Post Date:June 7, 2021
- Views 375
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Duty Station: Harare
Duration: 6 Months
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in sexual health, HIV and AIDS research in Zimbabwe. CeSHHAR in collaboration with the MOHCC and NAC is implementing a National Sex Work Programme aimed at reducing HIV acquisition and transmission among female, male and transgender sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. Low consistent condom use, risk of drug use and increasing transactional sex are some of the common reasons that put these key populations at risk of acquiring STI and HIV infection. Therefore, reaching these populations and increasing awareness and access to STI & HIV prevention, testing and treatment services are fundamental to reducing transmission of STI and HIV infections. CeSHHAR is implementing the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program in Zimbabwe focused on reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) by 40% by September 2021. The DREAMS program is being implemented in nine priority high HIV burden districts in Zimbabwe i.e. Bulawayo, Chipinge, Gweru, Mazowe, Makoni, Mutare, Mangwe, Beitbridge and Gwanda. Under CeSHHAR the DREAMS Project primary role in is to deliver a comprehensive service to Young Women Selling Sex.
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe requires one driver for the study entitled “An evaluation of the feasibility of self-sampling and self-testing for COVID-19 using antigen tests among patients and health care workers in Malawi and Zimbabwe’. The study aims to investigate the feasibility, acceptability and ease of use available SARS-CoV-2 antigen tests among health workers and the general public. The Driver will be responsible for day to day travel requirements of the study. Under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator, and under direct supervision of the Clinic Managers, the Driver will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Driving project team on a full-time basis. This will include traveling to the field on a regular basis;
- Taking note of any faults that may develop on the vehicle and bringing them to the attention of vehicle fleet manager as soon as possible;
- Ensuring that the vehicle has the necessary accessory tools;
- Maintaining the project vehicle including oil, water, tyre, service checks and any other duties that may be assigned by the office administrator to ensure a smooth project flow;
- Maintenance of vehicle log book;
- Fuel Management, preparing monthly fuel reconciliations for project vehicle;
- Driving the project team around the communities during outreach.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communications;
- Good knowledge on use of Microsoft word, excel and power point;
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality;
- Preference will be given to those having experience of working in Non-Governmental Organizations or Civil Society Organization in HIV/AIDS related programmes;
- Experience working in a reproductive research environment and working with vulnerable populations (sex workers) is an added advantage;
- Expected to work outside of normal office hours as required.
- A clean four driver’s license;
- Valid defensive driver’s licence;
- A mature person who is well organized;
- Ability to work independently but within a team framework;
- Fluent in English, Shona or Ndebele;
- A current Good Clinical Practice certificate and Ethics is an added advantage.
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and application cover letter to [email protected] Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 11 June 2021 (4:30pm)