- Post Date:June 7, 2021
- Views 276
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not-for-profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
Under the supervision of the Senior Driver/ District Project Coordinator, the Driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to ZHI.
- Convey ZHI staff and consultants to designated approved locations;
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the project vehicle assigned;
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc;
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts;
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office;
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations;
- Fulfil special request by picking up and delivering items as directed;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Matured and willing to work at odd hours;
- Good written, oral, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- A minimum of 5 O’ levels, and any other relevant certificates with a minimum of 5 years’ driving experience;
- Must have a valid defensive driving certificate and a valid driving license;
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations;
- Experience of driving 4×4 Landcruiser vehicle is required;
- Experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage;
- Experience with large complex organization preferred.
- Step 1: click here to complete the job application form.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email [email protected] to clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
Applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap, or financial ability.
Deadline: 11 June 2021