- Post Date:May 21, 2021
- Views 490
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Fixed Term Contract
JHWO is a local NGO that envisions a harm-free and disease-free society. JHWO is looking for a skilled & passionate Driver under Pathways Project. Pathways project is a child centred, family focused and community package intervention. The aim of the project is to use economic strengthening, local ownership, and gender transformation to strengthen the capacity of HIV affected individuals households and communities to progress along Pathways out of poverty, along functional services referral Pathways, along continuum of care Pathways to reach the 95-95-95 targets, and along age and stage appropriate Pathways. The Pathways project aims to promote positive child, adolescent and youth health, well-being, and development. The organisation is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against gender, religion, race, creed, disability, culture, or sexual diversity and believes in safeguarding both employees and communities.
Summary of the job
- Responsible for the day-to-day safe transportation of employees and clients;
- Packaging and delivering goods while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules;
- Should abide by all transportation laws and maintain a safe driving record;
- Maintaining the project vehicle including oil, water, tyre, service checks and any other duties that may be assigned by the office administrator to ensure a smooth project flow;
- Maintenance of vehicle logbook;
- Fuel Management.
- Five O’levels including English;
- Clean Driver’s License with a minimum of 5 years Driving experience;
- Valid Defensive Driving;
- Valid Medical Certificate;
- Courteous, previous NGO driving experience, good communication skills;
- No driving disqualifications within the last three years;
- Enthusiastic; Attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work as a team;
- Ability to drive long distances and sit for long periods of time;
- Be physically fit and able to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality;
- Experience working in Non-Governmental Organizations is an added advantage.
- A mature person who is well organized;
- Ability to work independently but within a team framework
- Fluent in English, Shona or Ndebele
To apply for this position please send your Academic certificates, CV, Copy of Drivers licence & Defensive licence, Valid Medical Certificate, and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28 May 2021