- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 359
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Christian Blind Mission (CBM) is an International Christian Development organization committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world while ensuring that project beneficiaries and children are safeguarded. The organization seeks to recruit a Driver who will provide reliable and safe driving services to CBM Country Office staff, stakeholders and visitors, ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver is expected to have a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver will be expected to:
- Provide reliable and secure driving services by driving office vehicles for the Country office team and visitors;
- Drive safely respecting CBM regulations, local rules, and other users of the roads;
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitating immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Ensure the proper use of vehicles through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensure the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles by checking oil, water, battery, brakes etc;
- Fix minor repairs, arrange for major repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Ensure that vehicles are licenced timeously;
- Ensure that there is availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts;
- Ensure that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident;
- Support administration errands which include trips to the bank, collecting and delivering of mail, documents and other items;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
Desired qualifications skills and competencies
The Driver must have:
- At least 5 Ordinary Level passes, inclusive of English Language;
- A valid driver’s license and defensive driving certificate;
- Five years of driving experience in a reputable company with a safe driving record;
- At least three years of driving experience within an NGO or any UN agency;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs. (Mechanic qualification is an added advantage);
- First aid training is an asset;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to use Office 365;
- The driver should always demonstrate high sense of responsibility, courtesy and the ability to work with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds;
- The driver is required to ensure the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity ,excellent knowledge of protocol and compliance with CBM driving rules and regulations.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM`s values and commit to CBM`s code of conduct and Safeguarding Policy. In this regard reference checks and background checks on applicants will be performed including police clearance on child related offenses in conformity with CBM safeguarding policy. CBM encourages qualified women and persons with disabilities to apply for the position.
Submit your Curriculum Vitae and application letter via email to: re[email protected] clearly indicating “Driver Post Application’’ on the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 31 May 2021