- Post Date:March 22, 2022
- Views 468
- Career Level DriverQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations (UN) with funding from the Global Environmental Facility (GEF) has engaged the Environmental Management Agency (EMA) of Zimbabwe to implement the GEF-7 Project, through an Operational Partners
The project is being implemented from December 2021 to November 2026. The project is part of a global impact programme led by FAO, titled the Sustainable Forest Management impact Programme on Dryland Sustainable Landscapes. In Zimbabwe, the project will promote sustainable forest and land management in dryland landscapes in the South Eastern low-veld of Zimbabwe. It will support a cross-sector approach which will result in mainstreaming of sustainable forest and land management to enhance ecosystem resilience for improved livelihoods in the Save and Runde Catchments of Zimbabwe.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of DRIVER under this project. The position is a full-time contract that is renewable every two years.
Station: Harare with extensive travel to the project landscape.
Under the guidance and supervision of the NPC, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to PMU personnel. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different stakeholder groupings and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures provision of reliable and sate driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of PMU team, delivery and collection of mail/documents and other items:
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs. provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, and office directory, upon request of the supervisor.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
Qualification, Experience and Competence
- Defensive Driving Certificate
- A clean class four driver’s licence
- 5 ‘0’ levels (with grade C or better) including English Language.
- At least two years’ driving experience in a reputable organization.
- Hardworking. trustworthy, motivated, keen and responsible
Interested candidates should submit applications with detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 25 March, 2022 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Environmental Management Agency
685/6 Corer Lorraine/Faber Drive,
Please note that communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.