- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 472
- Offered Salary USD 600 to 750 monthlyCareer Level DriverQualification Certificate
- Experience 5-10 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
CIRAD is a French Research Institution working in Zimbabwe since 1992. Its mandate is to contribute to poverty alleviation, food security, and integrated management of natural resources, for the benefit of sustainable development and global public goods in Southern countries and in French overseas regions. CIRAD is promoting innovative Research for Development, in partnership with various stakeholders: research centres and universities, professional (farmer) organizations and the private sector, local authorities and NGOs, and funding agencies. Training and capacity building are a major part of CIRAD collaborative activities conducted through extended networks, projects and consortiums in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
CIRAD Zimbabwe is located in Belgravia Harare, 6 Lanark Road.
CIRAD is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Driver to be based at its office in Harare reporting directly to the CIRAD representative in Zimbabwe. The candidate should be matured and willing to work at odd hours; Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills; Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and recipients.
Responsibilities (under the supervision of CIRAD representative and project managers) will include but not only:
- Convey CIRAD staff, students and consultants to designated approved locations;
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the project vehicles assigned;
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs;
- Timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing,
- Ensure availability of all the required documents / supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts;
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office;
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations;
- Participate to research protocols when needed under the supervision of researcher and students;
- Fulfil special request by picking up and delivering items as directed;
- Collect and pay items ordered by CIRAD and justify all expenditures;
- Perform administrative processes at immigration, ZIMRA and other national offices when requested;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualification and experience required for this position:
- A minimum of 5 O’ levels, and any other relevant certificates with a minimum of 5 years’ driving experience;
- Must have a valid defensive driving certificate and a valid driving license;
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations;
- Must not have a record of negligent driving;
- Experience of driving 4×4 vehicle on dust roads;
- Experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage;
- Experience with large complex organization preferred;
- Maturity, be well organized, and reliable, have initiative and the ability to work with people of different nationalities and disciplines and under pressure;
- Knowledge of French is not required, but a plus;
- Zimbabwean citizenship or permanent residency.
The person will have the status of service provider. The contract is for a period of one (1) year renewable every year following the performance and needs of CIRAD Zimbabwe with an initial three (3) months’ probation period. The service provider will be paid from USD 600 to 750 monthly based on qualifications and experience of the drive.
CIRAD is offering a collegial working environment.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees and a police clearance. Applications should indicate “Application for a Driver – CIRAD” on their application letters. All correspondence should be addressed to:
The CIRAD Representative for Zimbabwe,
6 Lanark Road,
Or can be submitted via email: [email protected]
Contract will start end of February 2022 the latest. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 15 February 2022