- Post Date:September 15, 2021
- Views 349
- Career Level DriverQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A local organisation whose vision is to create a world where everyone has optimal health and wellness by providing state of the art interventions and whose goal is to assist all people and populations in Zimbabwe and southern Africa to attain the highest possible health outcomes, to enhance their wellness and improve their quality of life. The organisation implements community health initiatives, advocacy initiatives, research as well as clinical programs.
Driver will be responsible for providing a variety of transportation support to the organisation. Liaise with different departments and attend to transport requests. Ensure that the vehicles are always kept clean and in good working order. Prepare project fleet documents and ensure all vehicles are fully equipped with all the requisite tools. Supporting the implementation of the HIV and Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) – Community Systems Strengthening (CSS) program in Harare, Mashonaland Central and Mashonaland East. The project will be focusing on: Community-Based Monitoring as well as Community Empowerment, Social Mobilization and Advocacy.
The Driver will be expected to:
- Ensure the provision of reliable and safe driving services;
- Drive the Office personnel and other authorized personnel as directed;
- Transport authorized passengers, deliver and collect mail, documents, banking and other items as directed;
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs for the planned maintenance of the vehicle;
- Ensure daily maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely change of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing etc;
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Taking note of any faults that may develop on the vehicle and bringing them to the attention of the transport department as soon as possible;
- Ensuring that the vehicle has the necessary accessory tools as should be equipped, e.g. jack, and wheel spanner and spare wheel;
- Responsible for a project cell phone and ensuring that calls are restricted to business only;
- Any other duties as assigned by the superior.
Ideal candidates are to possess:
- 5 ‘O’ level passes,
- Class 4 Driver’s license,
- Defensive driving certificate,
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the NGO sector.
- Clean class 1 will be an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality;
- Expected to work outside of normal office hours when required;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communications.
- Fluent in English and Shona.
- Preference will be given to those having experience of working in Non-Governmental Organizations in community related programmes;
- A Good knowledge of the country roads and routes is required.
Send your CV, Cover letter, certified scanned copies of your certificate / transcripts to: [email protected]
Deadline: 17 September 2021