DREAMS District Lead
- Post Date:April 22, 2021
- Views 502
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of DREAMS District Lead for Bubi District. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract is for five (5) months from May 2021 to 30 September 2021, it may be renewed subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The successful candidate will coordinate program elements of the DREAMS program at district level in collaboration with the district structures of MoHCC, other DREAMS implementing partners, local Community Based Organizations and other relevant stakeholders and will report to the DREAMS Program Coordinator.
- Provide comprehensive and granular site support, continuous quality improvement and on-the-job- training on clinical management of HIV care, treatment and support services, associated opportunistic infections including TB and other comorbidities at selected sites in the respective district;
- Rendering day-to-day support to the facility DREAMS clinical nurses with focus on planning, implementing and monitoring of tasks to meet expected targets and outputs;
- Supporting and overseeing the work of district seconded staff i.e. DREAMS Clinical Nurses, DREAMS Ambassadors, Direct Service Delivery (DSD) cadres and community-based volunteers (VHW, CLFs/FLFs) according to identified gaps;
- Identifying stakeholders implementing relevant specialties to the DREAMS program in the district and creating collaborative linkages;
- Assisting in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and work plans for the DREAMS program;
- Ensuring that DREAMS project implementation activities are in line with the work plan and given time frames;
- Managing, mentoring and motivating field teams to undertake their roles and responsibilities effectively in the implementation of DREAMS;
- Helping and representing the organization in the coordination activities of DHT, HIV & TB meetings in the district and other relevant partner coordination activities and providing solutions to challenges encountered;
- Working closely with MoHCC, identified partners and community volunteers (CLF/VHW) in collecting and consolidating data on key indicators and reporting on DREAMS services provided at the facilities and in the community;
- Contributing towards the development, tracking and reporting of tools to monitor progress, outputs and outcomes of the DREAMS layered services to reduce new HIV infections;
- Keeping track of all essential commodities required for seamless implementation of the DREAMS program;
- Compiling monthly and quarterly reports on the program’s activities in the district and making timeous submission of same to the DREAMS Program Coordinator and District Medical Officer;
- Coordinating and strengthening demand creation activities and linkages between the health facilities and/or health departments such as HIV, ART, PMTCT, MNCH and TB clinics and the community in liaison with the Community Programs team to ensure that services provided are adequate and can meet the demand created;
- Working closely with community health departments to establish community-based structures that will create demand for HIV and AIDS care, treatment, Nutrition, MNCH, PMTCT and TB services;
- Collaborating with Zim-TTECH staff in documenting best practices in the form of case studies, success stories, abstracts, video clips in addition to the routine monthly updates, quarterly and annual reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) or Primary Care Nurse (PCN) with valid registration with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe;
- An advanced degree in a health-related field will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in HIV/TB program activities, experience with the DREAMS program will be a distinctive factor;
- Relevant training in clinical management of HIV such as Counselling and Rapid HIV testing, Family Planning, Gender-Based Violence management, PrEP, STI management;
- Experience working with key and vulnerable populations such as adolescents and young people, orphans and YWSS;
- Demonstrable skills in data analysis, program coordination and evaluation and M&E;
- Excellent leadership, report writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills with fluency in English, Shona or Ndebele;
- Good Computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Commitment to Diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their Application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of Certificates to [email protected] or to the below mentioned physical address: –
The Senior Consultancy Officer
10 Natal Rd, Belgravia,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 April 2021