DREAMS District Lead
- Post Date:April 29, 2021
- Views 408
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of DREAMS District Lead for Bubi. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract is for five (5) months from May 2021 to 30 September 2021, it may be renewed subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The successful candidate will report to the DREAMS Program Coordinator and will be primarily responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the DREAMS school and community-based program at district level. S/he is expected to coordinate and oversee planning and implementation of program components i.e primary package (HIV and GBV prevention sessions, Financial Literacy, Social Assets) and secondary Package (Clinical services, GBV response services, Economic Strengthening services, Educational Support for vulnerable AGYW, Parenting programs). The candidate will work closely with ZimPAAC consortium partners to timely refer and link beneficiaries to access need-based services.
- Ensuring curricula fidelity by supporting the ZimPAAC partners in training, mentoring, supervising, and supporting teachers, club facilitators, supervisors, mentors and DREAMS Ambassadors on the DREAMS curricula including Impower;
- Supporting the DREAMS Program Coordinator in monitoring and mentoring program sub-partners and contributing to the development of criteria for selecting schools and communities to be prioritized in a district;
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of project scope of work, annual work plans, implementation strategy and generating activity and periodic reports;
- Coordinating the implementation of DREAMS School and community program activities in assigned district, scheduling activities, executing and monitoring the activities to make sure planned activities and targets are achieved on time and with fidelity;
- Identifying cadre capacity gaps, developing training protocols and materials and delivering high quality training, mentoring sessions in accordance with program guidelines and protocols;
- Liaising with Strategic Information & Evaluation team to analyze and interpret data for use in improving programming;
- Reviewing weekly performance dashboards to inform related decisions;
- Collaborating with NAC, MoHCC and Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education and other strategic government departments to plan, schedule and document regular mentoring, support, and supervisions visits;
- Support development of school and community program improvement plans, as necessary;
- Manages partner relations by supporting the partners, responding to their enquiries/queries, and ensuring that there is effective communication regarding project activities;
- Contributing towards the development of Project IEC materials and messages, as appropriate;
- Representing ZimPAAC in District Stakeholder Meetings;
- Ensuring DREAMS Clinical Nurses and field staff are well supported to effectively and efficiently perform their duties.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A Degree in Nursing/Social Sciences or any related qualification;
- Certified WHO L.I.V.E.S training or previous experience in PEPFAR supported program will be an added advantage;
- Good working knowledge of HIV prevention for priority populations including adolescents and youth;
- HTS; positive dignity, health and prevention, social and behavior change communications, community development, gender and/or gender-based violence;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with local partners and district local Government in Child Rights Health, Nutrition, WASH, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection is an added advantage;
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with a range of software applications including word processing, spreadsheets and databases;
- Fluency in English and IsiNdebele languages and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Strong analytical skills, excellent planning, coordination, report writing and strategic planning with an ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their Application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of Certificates to [email protected] or to:
The Senior Consultancy Officer
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 4 May 2021