Doctor on Call - GP
- Post Date:December 14, 2021
- Views 300
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zimbabwe National Network of PLHIV (ZNNP+) is an umbrella body that represents the interests of people living with HIV in Zimbabwe in their diversity. The organization is represented in support groups and community-based organizations at all provincial, district and ward levels of Zimbabwe. ZNNP+’s mission is “An environment where people live positively.”
Under the overall guidance Executive Director and the direct supervision of the Head of Programs, the incumbent will handle medical cases that come via Kutabila Virtual Platform and be able to diagnose all common medical conditions and refer patients to hospitals and other medical services for urgent and specialist treatment. Look after patients with chronic illness. First point of contact for anyone with a physical or mental health problem. Should also be able to address patients’ health-related queries. Working arrangement is flexible, you will work as a doctor on call.
- Patient consultations, monitoring patients’ conditions and wellbeing, clinical examinations, occasionally providing emergency care to someone who comes in with a life-threatening condition, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses.
- Carrying out tests to diagnose, health education especially on HIV and AIDS, performing clinical examinations of patients to assess, diagnose and monitor a patient’s condition.
- Should be able to communicate the gravity of diagnoses while reassuring patients who are in distress.
- Anticipate and respond to clients’ wellness-related questions and concerns.
Qualifications and experience
- A registered medical practitioner with a degree in medicine at a recognised institution.
- Proven three (3) years foundation program of general training and specialist training in general practice.
- Communication skills, including sensitivity and the ability to provide clear explanations, empathy, ability to spot and solve problems, requiring effective decision-making skills, ability to work efficiently, adherence to health and ethical codes, including when under duress.
If you meet the above criteria and you have the drive, send your application and CV to:
The Executive Director,
No 28 Divine Road,
Or via email [email protected]
PLHIV and women who meet the set criteria are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 17 December 2021 (applications to be reviewed on a rolling basis)