District T95 Officer
- Post Date:July 22, 2021
- Views 387
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
In close liaison with District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator, the District Third 95 Officer, provides technical leadership to the implementation of high quality integrated viral monitoring and retention in care across all project sites. The Third 95 Officer will support the Clinic Laboratory Interface for the scale up of Viral load testing with the goal of achieving high overall viral load suppression rates. The incumbent will also ensure high VL coverage to achieve a high VL coverage for all eligible patient subpopulations (including children, adolescents, men, women) according to national guidelines.
- Provides technical leadership in the scale up of VL testing, tracking from the lab reporting system to the facility and delivery of results to the patient, where feasible and relevant, utilize adherence and retention support teams (e.g. Expert patients, Support Groups, CAGs);
- Facilitates awareness and messaging the importance of VL test results, ensuring PLHIV are up taking VL services, and accessing their results in a timely manner;
- Facilitates and ensure timely Clinical management of PLHIV with elevated VL results;
- Ensure timely management of patients with suspected treatment failure requiring 2nd or 3rd line ARV regimens;
- Provides technical support related to differentiated service delivery models and approaches to improve access to these services;
- Contributes to the development of guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation and evaluation of differentiated service delivery models within the project;
- Ensure appropriate program monitoring and accurate programmatic reporting to the Country Office;
- Undertakes regular frequent monitoring visits to project sites as necessary;
- Coordinates all capacity building and external quality assurance activities for ZHI staff at district levels;
- Liaise with MOHCC procurement and supply chain management unit to ensure availability of viral load commodities to all project sites;
- Contributes to development of lessons learned from the project and other relevant projects that are related to retention in care /viral load monitoring and apply these lessons to modify and improve the project;
- Work closely with the district office technical team to develop and monitor district annual work plans;
- Ensures that all ZHI assets and other resources are effectively managed;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Works towards meeting the programme set targets for the site which are reviewed on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma/Degree or relevant Nursing qualification, RGN, Community Nurse, Lab Scientist;
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree is preferred;
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 2 years’ experience in HIV care and treatment program planning and implementation at the community or Provincial level working with NGO;
- Valid registration with the relevant professional body;
- Familiarity with Zimbabwe health systems and NGOs is highly desirable;
- Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention care and treatment in Zimbabwe;
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems;
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated ability to manage a team;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision;
- Well-developed computer skills; Ability and willingness to undertake frequent in-country travel – minimum of 50%.
- Step 1: click here to complete the job application form.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered.
Deadline: 26 July 2021
Related Jobs (25)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy