District Strategic Information Evaluation Officer
- Post Date:January 27, 2021
- Views 447
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The SIE Officer works under the direct supervision of the District Project Coordinator (DPC) and will work to support the Assistant Project Officer, District Facilitators, Club facilitators in M&E related activities for ZHI at District level. S/he collaborates closely with other colleagues at facility level to provide data management support.
- Provides strong technical support to SIE Assistants in monitoring DREAMS Project output indicators;
- Supports the District SIE Assistants and implementing partners’ staff to ensure that M & E data is collected and reported timeously;
- Capture and verify entered data by reviewing, correcting and changing captured information in DHIS2 database;
- Work with the National Data Officer in cleaning and verifying project data from other districts;
- Support other districts in ensuring data is entered on time;
- Assists with the coordination of District M & E activities to ensure alignment to Project M and E frameworks, especially log-frames, PMPs and guidelines;
- Provide assistance in M&E processes, data collection, surveys and data quality requirements at district level;
- Attend Referral working group meetings and other M&E related meetings;
- Support in the review and checking of data generated in line with the DREAMS M&E reporting requirements;
- Leads in sorting and checking of all district clients’ records for verification and making sure that accurate data is being entered on the registers and in DHIS2 database;
- Establish entry priorities by maintaining understanding of what data needs to be entered first;
- Secure entered information by performing routine data backups as required;
- Check completed work for accuracy, consistency and completeness, liaise with supervisor for incomplete records and make any required changes as required;
- Ensures a proper filing system for both hard and soft copies;
- Check source documents against entered data to ensure data integrity at every stage;
- Produce automated data entry and integration reports when requested;
- Use data for District planning, programming and assessment of performance and for analysis.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding data management and well-developed computer skills;
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants and recipients of assistance;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated attention to detail; ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team members.
- A Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Demography, or any related field;
- At least two-years relevant experience in providing M&E support for community HIV programs;
- Sound practical knowledge in using computer programs such as Excel, DHIS2, SPSS etc;
- Good reading and writing skills.
- Step 1: click here to complete the job application form.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email [email protected] to clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap, or financial ability.
Deadline: 29 January 2021
Related Jobs (35)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time