District Services and Linkages Officer
- Post Date:January 19, 2021
- Views 354
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not for profit human development organisation that is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
- The Services and Linkages Officer reports to the DREAMS Project Services and Linkage Coordinator.
- He/she is responsible for managing the planning, implementation, monitoring and systematic delivery of friendly need-based services for girls and young women at district and community levels.
- The officer works closely with the national and district SIE teams to identify beneficiaries who require services.
- Liaises with DREAMS Ambassadors, beneficiaries and service providers to deliver requisite services at community level as well as creating linkages with health facilities and other service providers. DREAMS is an HIV Prevention Program and the Services and Linkages Officer is responsible for:
- Timely identification, referral and supporting AGYW to access requite evidence-based services;
- The Officer ensures that vulnerable AGYW access comprehensive and quality services of their choice.
- Provides health education to support AGYW to make informed decisions and choices;
- Facilitates the unlocking of services access-related barriers to enable the program beneficiaries to access the DREAMS Core Package of services in a timely manner;
- Liaise with programmers, service providers, beneficiaries, gatekeepers, parents/guardians and education authorities to create a conducive environment for AGYW to access comprehensive services such as but not limited to health education information, contraceptives, post-violence care as per PEPFAR guidelines, PrEP;
- STI screening and treatment amongst others.
- The officer has a role in screening, identifying and linking vulnerable AGYW to services provided by the DREAMS partnerships and other service providers.
- In collaboration with the Services and Linkages Coordinator,District Program Coordinators ,beneficiaries, DREAMS Ambassadors, develops the district-specific DREAMS Services and Linkage Implementation Plan, weekly, monthly and Quarterly Community based service delivery;
- Schedules and collaborates with DREAMS Ambassadors and establish functional Services and Referral Network (SRN) at community level;
- Coordinates the timely delivery of evidence and need-based DREAMS Core Services package in line with the set policies, protocols;
- Works closely with the SIE Team to obtain reports that inform, and guide identification of services required by beneficiaries in a particular location;
- Collaborates with beneficiaries, their circle of care and service providers to identify and unlock service access challenges;
- In collaboration with District Program Coordinator, organizes regular delivery of community-based and integrated services (clinical, social protection and other services required by girls and young women) in collaboration with beneficiaries and DREAMS Ambassadors;
- Identifies and collaborates with others to provide timely, evidence-based and comprehensive post violence care to girls and young women who require such services.
- Creates partnerships and builds synergies with strategic service providers including Ministry of Health and Child Care, ZNFPC, private providers and local authorities to make reproductive and Prevention services available to targeted groups at community and health facility level;
- Maintains records and statistics as required, ensuring accurate statistics are supplied within required time frames;
- Assist in the induction, integration, and assessment of DREAMS Ambassadors;
- Assists in training of Out of School Club Officers in basic counseling and first-line response mechanisms;
- Complies with all health and safety procedures to ensure their own safety and the safety of others in the workplace and active participation in maintaining a safe working environment for service provision
- A Degree in Social Work, Development Studies or related qualifications in education, adult education, health promotions, community development or any related qualification ;
- 3 years’ experience of supporting vulnerable AGYW especially counseling children survivors of violence;
- Certified USAID LIVES Training an added distinct advantage;
- Certified Cognitive Behavior Therapy training an added advantage;
- Experience working with adolescent girls and young women as a service provider of PrEP, reproductive health and counseling for post violence care services;
- Excellent people skills;
- Demonstrated skills in the effective management of resources;
- Demonstrated teamwork and networking abilities; Computer literate;
- Proficiency in Ndebele a distinct added advantage
- Step 1: Complete the job application form here.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email [email protected] to clearly indicate the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap, or financial ability.
Deadline: 25 January 2021