District Programs Assistant
- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 416
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Bantwana Zimbabwe seeks an experienced candidate to be engaged as District Programs Assistant to be based in Tsholotsho, for a CDC/ZimTTECH-funded DREAMS program. The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program aims to reduce new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women and will be implemented in four Matabeleland North districts – Bubi, Lupane, Nkayi and Tsholotsho. Bantwana will implement four core sets of interventions namely, i) HIV prevention, condom education, gender norms change, social assets building, and sexual violence prevention; ii) Education Subsidies and primary, secondary and Part-Time and Continuing Education support; iii) Combination of socioeconomic approaches for caregivers layered with positive parenting; and iv) Economic empowerment for AGYW (financial literacy, work readiness and employability trainings, vocational training for market-driven technical skills, internships).
The District Programs Assistant will support the Safe Schools Officer, at district level, in coordinating efforts to deliver in-school education, HIV/GBV prevention and Social Asset Building Activities for AGYW.
Roles and responsibilities
- In liaison with the Safe Schools Officers, roll-out evidence-based HIV/GBV prevention curricula, using the Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE), Youth Empowerment Program (YEP), and IMPower curricula;
- Work directly with school authorities and committees in the implementation of formal and non-formal education activities;
- Support the roll-out and monitoring of positive parenting interventions, using the Families Matter curricula;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to IMPower Instructors, Families Matter facilitators, and Youth Empowerment Program (YEP) facilitators;
- Consolidate routine program reports on parenting and GBV activities;
- Compile periodic progress reports; Liaise with the M&E team in tracking and reporting related targets;
- Work with Safe Schools Officers to network and represent the project at various forums/stakeholders’ meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or related field, and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience working on adolescent and youth health related interventions;
- Experience of HIV/GBV program planning and implementation at the community, provincial and district levels working with NGO sectors;
- Experience in program administrative, and financial management systems;
- Knowledge of HIV/GBV, health systems, and related issues specifically targeted for adolescent girls and young women;
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills;
- Prior experience in implementing DREAMS programs an added advantage
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, CV, and three references (including name, organization, phone number, and email address) to [email protected] with position title in the subject line.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21 May 2021
Related Jobs (27)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract