District Operations Officer
- Post Date:April 13, 2021
- Views 615
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Chipinge, Nyaminyami, Chiredzi, Bikita
CAMFED is a pan-African movement, revolutionizing how girls’ education is delivered. Through a gold-standard system of accountability to the young people and communities we serve, we have created a model that radically improves girls’ prospects of becoming independent, influential women. Our impact increases exponentially through the Association of young women educated with CAMFED’s support. Together, we multiply the number of girls in school, and accelerate their transition to livelihoods and leadership.
As District Operations Officer, guided by Camfed‘s organisational policies and procedures, you are responsible for supporting the CDC’s operationalization of the Camfed Strategic Plan in the designated district. This will include coordinating planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all Camfed Operations in the district towards our core mission: to multiply educational opportunities for marginalised children (especially girls) and to develop the CAMA network as a vehicle for young women’s empowerment.
- Promotion, implementation, observance and adherence with the Camfed Child Protection Policy in all district operations; Administration of outlined support to targeted recipients i.e. clients, alumnae members, schools, communities and committees;
- Coordinate support to structure governance and activities i.e. Teacher Mentors, Parent Support Groups, School Based Committees and CAMA Chapters;
- Records maintenance for the Camfed operations in the districts these include correspondences within, to and from the district, reports and minutes of activities conducted within the district or involving residents of the district e.g. Letters from schools, CAMA, beneficiaries, CDC minutes etc;
- Facilitating the preparation and submission to the National Office of budgets, expenditures and financial statements on Camfed operations in the district e.g. for CDC meetings, community outreaches, monitoring trips etc;
- Promotion, implementation, observance and adherence with the Camfed Procurement Policy;
- Logistical arrangements/support for all district operations in the district;
- Supervising any support to volunteers (to include CAMA Guides and interns);
- Coordinating the production, distribution and regular review of a district termly calendar of events;
- Production of district monthly operations report against the provided for format;
- Participate as a Camfed staff member in provincial, national, regional and International engagements as requested;
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Educated in Social work, social sciences, administration and finance to Diploma level as a minimum with sound knowledge of Office programmes including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Knowledge of relevant database systems and a sound knowledge of operational and internal control systems;
- Must have written and spoken ability of English and local languages, dependable, trustworthy self-motivated, focused and persistent;
- Must exercise good customer service skills to both internal and external stakeholders.
- A degree in Social Work, Development Studies, social sciences and or finance is added advantage;
- Knowledge of administration and financial processes and experience in producing and analysing data is highly valued;
- Possession of a clean class 4 driver’s license is highly desirable.
This is a fixed term contract of 12 months. The role requires applicants to have the right to work in Zimbabwe. We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce; we welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, religion or belief.
How to apply
Please forward your application to [email protected] or send to:
26 Campbell Road,
Or by post to P.O. Box 4104, Harare.
Attaching a detailed CV, names of two contactable referees, a motivation letter, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications. The subject of the e-mail should clearly state ‘District Operations Officer’ – state district. Responses and disclosure of the remuneration package will only be to shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive a response within 14 days of the closing date of this advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 30 April 2021 (9am)