- Post Date:August 18, 2021
- Views 388
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Programs Manager
Location: Bulawayo, Chitungwiza, Beitbridge, Gwanda, Insiza, Umzingwane, Mangwe, Bulilima, Matobo
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions.
The District Manager (DM) is responsible and accountable for implementing and monitoring the OPHID program activities at district level. The District Manager will supervise and work with district level staff and will be responsible for all technical aspects of the program, operational support, and coordination/networking, in line with organizational and national guidelines and targets. The incumbent will report to the Provincial Program Manager at the Provincial Office.
- Coordinate implementation of district HIV program activities (facility and community);
- Manage district program resources for the organization i.e. prepare the district annual budget and workplan in consultation with provincial program management team;
- Oversee the use of organizational resources in line with OPHID’s policies, the grant agreement, and in compliance with the USAID rules and regulations as applicable;
- Manage the performance of all district level staff within the program and ensure that deliverables and outputs are met consistently;
- Manage data driven site identification for HRH placement, and the recruitment, orientation, deployment, and performance management of all HRH resources (HSQO, CHNS, DA, Practice Mentors, DEC, CRF,COA, COAC etc);
- Support the district and health facilities in implementing key HIV prevention activities (including PMTCT);
- Support the district and health facilities in enrolling PLHIV onto lifelong ART;
- Support the district and health facilities in retaining patients in lifelong ART care;
- Support the district and health facilities in TB and TB/HIV management;
- Support the district and health facilities in cervical cancer screening and treatment;
- Support the District Strategic Information and Evaluation (SIE) teams in the implementation of all SIE activities within the districts.
- Degree in health or social sciences or related qualifications or Diploma in Nursing with significant management experience;
- A qualification in project management, administration, business management, health services management or similar will be required;
- A qualification in monitoring and evaluation, data management or similar will be an added advantage;
- Completed course in Advanced HIV and AIDS Managed will be an added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ experience in clinical management of HIV and TB/HIV at public health facility level;
- At least 5 years’ experience in HIV and TB/HIV programs management at district level within MOHCC or the NGO technical assistance environment;
- Demonstrable technical and clinical knowledge in Adult and Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment, including Cervical Cancer Screening, Mental Health, DREAMS and Quality Improvement;
- Familiarity with MOHCC guidelines for COVID-19, HIV Prevention Care and Treatment, Cervical Cancer Screening and Treatment and Tuberculosis is required;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), and online collaboration technologies.
- Step 1: Complete the application form here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx…
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: recruitmen[email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 24 August 2021