- Post Date:February 16, 2022
- Views 559
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organization which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The Re-Ignite, Innovate, Sustain Evidence Based Interventions for HIV Prevention (RISE) program will prevent new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) using the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (RISE) approach.
The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) program focuses on prevention of new HIV infections among Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in Zimbabwe. DREAMS core package of services combines evidence-based approaches that go beyond the health sector, addressing the structural drivers that directly and indirectly increase AGYWs’ HIV risk, including poverty, gender inequality, sexual violence, and a lack of education. The program is being implemented in high HIV burden districts in Bulawayo, Gweru and Mazowe and 6 districts in Mat South (Beitbridge, Bulilima, Gwanda, Insiza, Mangwe and Matobo).
The District Facilitator (DF) is based at the district office, reporting to the Assistant Program Officer (APO). The DF will support the APO to implement program activities that entail identifying, mobilizing and recruiting adolescent girls and young women into clubs. The DF will support and supervise Out of School (OOS) Club Supervisors and Facilitators to deliver a Health for Life (H4L) Out of School Package according to program guidelines. The DF will also directly support program monitoring through tracking targets and mobilizing program data.
- Supports the APO and ZHI sub- partner to implement program activities in designated districts;
- Supports OOS Club Supervisors (CS) and Facilitators (CF) identify, mobilize and recruit AGYW into clubs Ensure program quality through use of program standard operating procedures and guides in clubs;
- Supervise and mentor CS and CF in delivering Health for Life Out of School Package;
- Supporting ZHI sub-partner to implement the OOS Club sessions, ensuring that sessions meet program quality standards;
- Directly supports program monitoring through tracking weekly targets and mobilizing project data;
- Drafts project reports as required;
- Do any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills, good analytical skills;
- Initiative in learning and self-development;
- Respectful, willing to cooperate with and support Project stakeholders including government officials, development partners, DREAMS- RISE project partners, colleagues, beneficiaries, local community, and local leaders.
Qualifications and experience
- Social Science Degree or related qualifications in Education, Social Work, Health Promotions, Community Development;
- Experience in mobilizing and engaging girls and young women is required;
- Experience as a DREAMS Club Facilitator / Supervisor is an added advantage
- Step 1: Complete online form here
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.
Deadline: 18 February 2022