District Economic Strengthening Officer
- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 401
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Bantwana Zimbabwe seeks a suitably experienced District Economic Strengthening Officer to be based in Nkayi for a CDC/ZimTTECH-funded DREAMS program. The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program aims to reduce new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women and will be implemented in the above-mentioned Matabeleland North districts. Bantwana will implement four core sets of interventions namely, i) HIV prevention, condom education, gender norms change, social assets building, and sexual violence prevention; ii) Education Subsidies including primary, secondary and Part-Time and Continuing Education support; iii) Combination of socioeconomic approaches for caregivers layered with positive parenting; and iv) Economic empowerment for AGYW (financial literacy, work readiness and employability trainings, vocational training for market-driven technical skills, internships).
The Economic Strengthening Officer will be responsible for all Economic Strengthening activities at district level.
Roles and responsibilities
- In liaison with the Programs Manager, coordinate program implementation following donor, organizational and program guidelines;
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs;
- Prepare, coordinate review, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents, including progress updates, curricula, and other documents and reports;
- Provides technical support in management of the service contracts;
- Coordinate the timely identification and addressing of program implementation challenges;
- Coordinate program documentation (Reports, Success Stories, Support in the development of IEC Materials);
- Perform clerical and administrative support tasks, including creation and editing of program correspondences, purchasing documents, reports, program handbooks, and other publications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or related field, and a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience working on adolescent and youth health related interventions;
- Master’s Degree in any related field is an added advantage;
- Experience of HIV/GBV program planning and implementation at the community, provincial and district levels working with NGO sectors;
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems;
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, health systems, decentralization of services and related issues specifically targeted for adolescent girls and young women;
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to gather and analyse statistical data and generate reports;
- Ability to travel to implementation sites within the province a minimum of 25%;
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country is preferred;
- Prior experience in implementing DREAMS programs an added advantage.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, CV, and three references (including name, organization, phone number, and email address) to [email protected] with position title in the subject line.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21 May 2021
Related Jobs (49)
Governance and Internal Control Review Consultancy on September 17, 2021 Consultancy