District Community Officer
- Post Date:August 17, 2021
- Views 621
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: District Manager
Location: Umzingwane, Mat South
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions.
The District Community Officer (DCO) is responsible and accountable for implementing and monitoring the OPHID community HIV program activities at district level. The DCO will supervise and work with community level staff and will be responsible for all technical aspects of the program, operational support, and coordination/networking, in line with organizational and national guidelines and targets. The DCO reports to the District Program Coordinator within the district.
- Coordinate the implementation of community HIV program activities;
- Assist District Level structures supporting communities to adopt national HIV strategies and guidelines into their respective implementation plans as relevant;
- Provide technical support to community structures in adopting a data driven approach to resolving district level challenges affecting the community HIV program;
- Manage the community HIV program resources for the organization within the district;
- Support the DPC to prepare the community program annual budget and workplan for the district;
- Oversee the use of organizational resources within the community HIV program in line with OPHID’s policies, the grant agreement, and in compliance with the USAID rules and regulations as applicable;
- Support the district in implementing key HIV prevention activities (including PMTCT) within communities;
- Support the community service delivery teams in enrolling PLHIV onto lifelong ART;
- Support the district and community structures in retaining patients in lifelong ART care;
- Support the district and community structures in TB and TB/HIV management;
- Work with community teams to scale up outreach services for cervical cancer targeting WLHIV on ART in CARGs;
- Support community teams in implementing appropriate systems (pre-booking of patients, integrated community ART/cancer screening services, etc) that promote scale up of community cancer screening services
- Diploma/degree in nursing AND registered as a Registered General Nurse with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe;
- Diploma in community nursing or qualification in project management, health services administration or similar will be an added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ experience in clinical management of HIV and TB/HIV at public health facility level;
- Completed course in Advanced HIV and AIDS Managed preferred;
- At least 5 years’ experience in HIV and TB/HIV programs management at district level within the NGO technical assistance environment or as district community nurse within MOHCC;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), and online collaboration technologies.
- Step 1: Complete the application form here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx…
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 24 August 2021
Related Jobs (37)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy