District Community Coordinator
- Post Date:August 24, 2021
- Views 507
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: District Manager
Location: Bulawayo, Chitungwiza, Beitbridge, Gwanda, Insiza, Umzingwane, Mangwe, Bulilima & Matobo)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID, works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions. OPHID is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post:
The District Community Coordinator is responsible and accountable for implementing and monitoring the OPHID community HIV program activities at district level. The DCC will supervise and work with community level staff and will be responsible for all technical aspects of the program, operational support, and coordination/networking, in line with organizational and national guidelines and targets. The DCC reports to the District Manager
- Oversee the coordination of the implementation of community HIV program activities;
- Forge enduring relationships with the district community department, district Social Welfare office and other CBOs to harmonize efforts and implementation of HIV programs at community level;
- Provide technical support to community structures in adopting a data driven approach to resolving district level challenges affecting the community HIV program;
- Manage the community HIV program resources for the organization within the district;
- Oversee the use of organizational resources within the community HIV program in line with OPHID’s policies, the grant agreement, and in compliance with the USAID rules and regulations as applicable;
- Manage the performance of all community level staff within the program and ensure that deliverables and outputs are met consistently;
- Manage data driven identification of communities, health posts etc, for HRH placement, and the recruitment, orientation, deployment, and performance management of all HRH resources (PCNs, OI/ART Nurses, CXCA Screen, PCNs, PCs, DECs, COAs, COACs, etc) within community service delivery;
- Support community service delivery platforms in identifying gaps and challenges impacting on HIV prevention, and promoting community level QI solutions and/or adoption of best practices from other communities within the district;
- Champion community – facility integration in the implementation of all HIV prevention activities;
- Support the community service delivery teams in enrolling PLHIV onto lifelong ART;
- Support the district and community structures in retaining patients in lifelong ART care;
- Training , mentoring supervising health workers in DSD models including OFCAD;
- Support community teams in adopting best practices and coordinating deployment of Community cadres defaulter tracking within communities to minimize loss to follow up of all clients within the HIV program;
- Work with the DHE to adopt, implement and monitor national strategies for community level retention and monitoring of PLHIV on ART (DSD models, etc) to achieve retention targets;
- Support the district and community structures in implementing community cervical cancer screening and treatment;
- Support the CSISA in the implementation of all SIE activities within the community program in the districts;
- Train COACs/COAs/SW and other community cadres on HIVST distribution.
- Diploma/degree in nursing AND registered as a Registered General Nurse with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe;
- Diploma in community nursing or qualification in project management, health services administration or similar will be an added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ experience in clinical management of HIV and TB/HIV at public health facility level;
- Completed course in Advanced HIV and AIDS Managed preferred;
- At least 5 years’ experience in HIV and TB/HIV programs management at district level within the NGO technical assistance environment or as district community nurse within MOHCC;
- Demonstrable technical and clinical knowledge in Adult and Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment, including Cervical Cancer Screening, Mental Health, DREAMS and Quality Improvement;
- Familiarity with MOHCC guidelines for COVID-19, Community Health Strategy, HIV Prevention Care and Treatment, Cervical Cancer Screening and Treatment and Tuberculosis is required;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), and online collaboration technologies.
- Step 1: Complete the application form here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx…
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 29 August 2021