Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Assistant
- Post Date:October 16, 2021
- Views 501
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of appointment: Special Short-Term, 3 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For this vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of Migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly Migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Core functions / responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Head of Programmes, the successful candidate will:
- Assist in the implementation of Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) project activities, under the Emergency, Preparedness and Response Unit;
- Assist in the implementation of the integrated mechanism for data gathering and information management across all activities to ensure accurate and reliable data is collected, stored, and submitted in a timely manner for further processing;
- Support the effective implementation of DTM projects and ensure regular monitoring as per agreed timelines;
- Compile reports on all operational activities, including real time sharing of flash updates on mobility trends, migrant’s vulnerabilities, and any other relevant pertinent issues;
- Assist DTM unit in the production and quality control of documents;
- Support in data collection processes and overall data management activities including encoding, storing, transferring, processing, and supporting analysis of collected data;
- Identify gaps in data and information relevant to the programme implementation and contribute to address such needs;
- Provide updates on human mobility trends, changes and any other significant observations surrounding human mobility in Zimbabwe as required;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the DTM team;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Operations Research and Statistics or any other Information Management related degree from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience;
- Knowledge of Information Management, management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analyzing data to generate information products;
- Knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information systems;
- Ability to analyze statistical information;
- Ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets is an asset;
- Demonstrated team building and information management skills.
Languages: Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Values: Inclusion and respect for diversity, respects and promotes individual and cultural differences, encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competencies – behavioural
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner, is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate;
- Accountability: takes ownership of achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial competencies – behavioural indicators
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential;
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential;
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment;
- No late applications will be accepted.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected]
Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 29 October 2021
Related Jobs (38)
Site QA/QC Coordinator on December 6, 2021