- Post Date:October 14, 2021
- Apply Before: November 6, 2021
- Views 267
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
As Dispatch Assistant, you will be responsible for the following activities :
- Receives orders for dispatch and check ullages before dispatching
- Checks for truck and product availability in the loading depots
- Check truck conformity to ensure vehicles are safe to dispatch and load compliant before loading.
- Check driver availability and conformity to work.
- Organize and send trips to depot/s for invoicing within the SLA timelines and circulate delivery plan daily
- Monitor monthly KPIs to ensure fleet optimization.
- Optimize the performance of the fleet to reduce transportation costs based on set KPIs.
- Update truck & driver data in computer systems
- Inform customers of any delays, incidents
- Carry out at least 1 delivery and STL spot check once every month
- Maintain delivery plan on a daily basis with correct required details.
Context and environment
Zimbabwe is going through time of extraordinary socio-economic and political changes. The scarcity of hard currency is strongly affecting industry and the overall energy in the market and will remain a challenge for some years. It has posed problems like product shortages and funding challenges thus disrupting the smooth operations of business.
As Dispatch Assistant, ideally you will possess the following :
- High-school graduate, or preferably university graduate, ideally in business
- Good command of English, written and spoken. Displays a basic understanding of logistics, the Supply-Chain and SAP; fluent in MS Office.
- Rigor, high integrity standards, resistance to stress and the ability to anticipate and react quickly.
- Organization and business relational skills.
- Flexibility in achieving work.
- Has high standards as regards integrity: zero tolerance to any form of corruption.
Offer ID: 46333BR
Metier: Terminal Operations, Stock Management, Transport
Region, department, area:Zimbabwe
Employment type: Fixed term position
Contract duration: 4.0 Months
Experience level required: Less than 3 years
Branch: Marketing & Services