Disaster Recovery Centre Administrator
- Post Date:May 21, 2021
- Views 392
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry ICT
The following vacancy has arisen within Group ICT and applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacancy. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining an alternative site and providing core computing systems equipment and supporting necessary for facilitating business continuity in the event of a disaster.
Reporting to the IT Security Specialist, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Analysing and determining appropriate layout of all equipment in data centre to optimise load balancing and cooling.
- Co-ordinating with vendors and resource engineers to ensure effective completion of all hardware installation at the disaster recovery centre.
- Participating in capacity planning and performs power audits to ensure appropriate supply of power to all Disaster recovery centre equipment.
- Providing 24/7 on call support for any emergency, which may require activation of all or part of the business continuity plans.
- Providing comprehensive ability to recover business operations with minimal operational risk in case of any disaster.
- Assisting business units with business impact analysis and defining of critical, time sensitive functions.
- Reviewing and testing Business Continuity plans and procedures and makes recommendations to management for improvements.
- Administering contracts and service agreements with Business continuity service providers.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Degree in Computer Information systems (CIS), Computer science, Software engineering or related field.
- One or more of the following skills;
- Disk mirroring technology
- MCITP or MCTS Certification in Windows Server 2003/2008
- Network+ Certification
- CCNA Certification
- At least 2 years’ experience in database management and networking.
Candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their Curriculum Vitaes (CVs) and application letters to Group Human Resources via the following email address [email protected]. Applications should be sent by and no later than 24 May 2021. Applicants must indicate the position being applied for in
the subject line.