- Post Date:April 6, 2021
- Views 364
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Reports to: Board
The Edward Ndlovu Memorial Trust is seeking an energetic and mature individual to fill the vacant post of the Director of the organization, based in Gwanda and required to travel around Gwanda District.
Our core activities focus on the management and development of a purpose-built conventional library in Gwanda town and outreach to rural primary schools in Gwanda district through a book box scheme. We also work with study groups in the rural communities who use our books to assist them to generate income in micro-projects linked through enterprise associations. The successful candidate will lead a team of ten staff who work both in the library and with the schools and study groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide strategic leadership, with particular attention to organization’s strategic plan;
- To build and motivate the team to fulfill the mandate of the organization;
- To interact productively with a wide variety of individuals and communities, both rural and urban;
- To develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and manage partnerships;
- To integrate policies and procedures to enable organization to realize its goals;
- To be able to effectively and efficiently direct operational budgets and improve revenue;
- To provide knowledge and expertise on Risk Management;
- To monitor and evaluate the strategic plan to remain relevant.
- Master’s in Business Administration;
- A degree in Library and Information Science/ Development Studies is an added advantage;
- Clean Class 4 driver’s licence;
- Computer literacy will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience and skill in working with the Board of Trustees with a high-level strategic thinking and planning as well as ability to envision and convey the organisation’s strategic future to the staff, board and donors is a requirement;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Strong Financial Management, budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting;
- Strong teamwork and networking skills;
- Report writing;
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy and result orientation;
- Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
In addition, the candidate must have demonstrable experience in managing community development programs in education, livelihoods, group projects, ISALS and micro-enterprise development, working for or extensively engaging with both state actors and civil society organisations. The candidate must be a leader, with strong interpersonal skills and passionate about improving the quality of lives of vulnerable communities. He or she must be a team player, able to work with women’s groups and keen on facilitating private sector engagement to deliver long term collaboration and mutual benefits.
- At least ten years of relevant work experience, of which at least 5 years should be at the senior management level.
This is a contract position.
Deadline: 30 April 2021