Director of Physical Planning, Works and Estates
- Post Date:February 15, 2022
- Views 438
- Career Level DirectorQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Education
VICE CHANCELLOR’S OFFICE
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the post of Director of Physical Planning, Works and Estates at the National University of Science and Technology.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of the University’s Campus Development and Maintenance Plans.
This is a full-time high level position in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership and technical direction to the department to ensure that capital projects are completed on time, within cost, quality and legal compliance parameters;
- Manage design development to ensure co-ordination, cost effectiveness and compliance with design briefs, user requirements and regulations;
- Advise the Vice Chancellor on the most appropriate and beneficial strategies to be adopted for both the design team and construction of building projects;
- Ensure adherence to the University’s campus master plan;
- Oversee preparation and negotiation of contracts, leases, deeds, mortgages, and other real property legal documents and recommend the acquisition and disposition of real estate properties;
- Draw up and administer the annual departmental budget and oversee the purchase and storage of materials and spares for buildings, infrastructure, construction and maintenance of vehicles;
- Manage and plan the University’s transport system;
- Manage the maintenance programmes of buildings, site infrastructure (electrical, sewage and water reticulation systems as well as roads), sporting and recreation facilities as well as University grounds.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should have a Masters degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Town Planning, Construction Management or related field from a recognised institution; a PhD will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional Certifications will be an added advantage too.
- At least have 5 years post qualification experience at a senior level
- Must be registered with a relevant professional body.
- Possession of a business related qualification will be an added advantage.
Conditions of Service: An attractive package which includes Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits is offered; details will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Applications, which should include a curriculum vitae (giving full personal particulars of applicant including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone numbers and the names, addresses (including email) and telephone numbers of three contactable referees) and copies of certificates must be emailed to [email protected] in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the
The National University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 18 February, 2022