- Post Date:August 3, 2021
- Views 375
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Education
Applications are invited for the following post: DIRECTOR ICT (1 POST)
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
This is Senior Management post which requires the ability to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately, think strategically and ensure all University ICT resources are managed efficiently to support the institution’s operations. The Director shall report to the Vice Chancellor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must hold a Masters Degree in Computer Science. Information Technology or equivalent and a First Degree in a related field. Applicants should have thorough knowledge of designing enterprise ICT infrastructure and developing information systems for a diverse academic and administrative community in addition to at least six (6) years’ experience at managerial level. The successful candidate should also possess the following personal attributes:
- Good working knowledge of Information Governance, risk and its application within IT;
- A clear understanding of University ICT Policy:
- A thorough understanding of ISO 2000 requirements for ICT governance advisory services.
- Demonstrable knowledge of hardware, software and operating systems.
- Be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker;
- Be a proactive member of the university management team:
- The ability to relate at the highest levels in the profession and beyond.
- Good leadership skills.
- Possession of good interpersonal skills and a character of high integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributing to the University’s Strategic Plan through the designing of sound Information Technology Strategic Plan, Policies and Procedures;
- Supporting Faculties and Departments in the achievement of their goals by designing and implementing information systems of diverse protocols and platforms to support Education 5.0 and other administrative needs;
- Advising management on issues of Information and Communication Technology by designing relevant ICT courses for academic staff. administrative staff and students.
- Overseeing the development, implementation and maintenance of Information Technology Policy and Systems in the University by directing. assigning, coordinating, reviewing and evaluating the work of IT staff for maximum productivity.
- Overseeing the identification of ICT user needs for the University by interpreting ICT needs for the whole university and developing functional or departmental ICT strategies aligned to the University- wide strategic plan;
- Formulate and/or review cross-cutting and specific ICT policies and procedures.
- Managing the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- Provide appropriate and timely ICT solutions and responses to University operational process challenges;
- Manage the regular infrastructure audits and identify areas that need improvement as well as continuously upgrade hardware and software technologies inline with global trends;
- Ensuring that all ICT systems in the University are always fully functional and up to date:
- Performing any other duties assigned by working effectively with superiors and subordinates, information systems managers, staff, students and partners in managing the University’s technology resources and support facilities, local, wide, wireless, internet, cloud and intranet networks, telephone and all related software program.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Scanned copies in a single continuous file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to the postal or email address shown below. For more information, kindly visit our website on www.buse.ac.zw/vacancies.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for and submitted to:
Senior Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P. Bag 1020,
Or email [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
The closing date will be 15 August 2021.
For more information phone (0271) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.