Director - Family Health
- Post Date:March 15, 2022
- Views 276
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the post of Director – Family Health which has fallen vacant within the Ministry of Heath & Child Care.
STATION: Ministry of Health-Head Office
REPORTS TO: Chief Director Preventive Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide national leadership, coordination and management of Reproductive, Maternal Newborn Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) and nutrition programs.
- Coordinate the development of strategic documents for RMNCAH and Nutrition programs and ensuring that they are up to date.
- Coordinate the trainings in the RMHCAH and Nutrition programmes.
- Responsible for ensuring that these programs efficiently and effectively complement each other as well as interacting with other units and departments
- In close coordination with program officers and PMDs, directs and manages the planning of all the four programs and ensure their implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency, appropriateness and quality of RMHCAH and Nutrition service delivery methods, standards, protocols and operational procedures; identifying opportunities for improvement and taking appropriate action,
- Links MoHCC with academics with special interests in program areas.
- Development and administration of the departmental budget: mobilize resources, approve & monitor expenditures; implement budget adjustments as necessary.
- Develop and maintain systems that ensure effective and efficient utilization of essential resources.
- Provide administrative, managerial, technical and professional advice, leadership and direction in the area of RMHCAH and Nutrition services to the department and stakeholders,
- Ensure and promote inter-departmental/ministerial collaboration as well as participation at national, regional and international events.
- Promote and initiate relevant operational research.
- Contributing to general health sector policy formulation, review and planning process.
- Prepare departmental monthly, quarterly, annual & other plans and reports.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- MBChB degree or its equivalent
- Specialist Pediatrics
- Specialist Registration with MDPCZ
- At least two years’ experience at a grade of Deputy Director Family Health or its equivalent such as PMCHO, PEDCO, DMO.
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 18 March 2022 to:
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104
E-Mail: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.