Director, Domestic Tourism Development and Facilitation
- Post Date:June 20, 2022
- Apply Before: June 27, 2022
- Views 109
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
The Public Service Commission is inviting applications to fill the vacant post of Director, Domestic Tourism Development and Facilitation in the Ministry of Environment, Climate, Tourism and Hospitality Industry.
Director, Domestic Tourism Development and Facilitation reports to the Chief Director, Tourism and Hospitality Industry. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the development of training programmes, policies and strategies for the development of tourism enterprises in the communities and for equitable regional development.
GRADE : F1
REPORTS TO : CHIEF DIRECTOR, TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT : TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
STATION : HEAD OFFICE
MINISTRY : ENVIRONMENT, CLIMATE, TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the development of training programmes, policies and strategies for the development of tourism enterprises in the communities and for equitable regional development.
- Superintend over the identification and development of tourism products and projects in the communities, provinces and districts (Community Based Tourism Project (CBTs).
- Organise and coordinate Local Authorities and Communities for the development of tourism infrastructure at district and provincial levels.
- Develop and co-ordinate national tourism events and other public awareness activities in the country’s Districts and Provinces.
- Supervise and monitor standards of all tourism facilities, to ensure that the tourism and hospitality industry complies with international standards and statutes.
- Supervise the registration and grading of hotels, lodges, travel agencies, tour operators, tour guides and other Designated Tourist Facilities (DTFs), and issue licences thereof.
- Coordinate the conduct of awareness campaigns to create awareness amongst Zimbabweans about tourist attractions within the country as well as promoting local products.
- Identify and promote tourism investment opportunities in the country’s Districts and Provinces.
- Coordinate the facilitation of tourism development and promotion by other key enablers such as Transport, Immigration, Utilities, the security service sector, and ZIMRA and other related organizations.
- Superintend over the mobilization of resources and development of funding strategies on domestic tourism development and facilitation.
- Oversee the establishment and management of an integrated database on domestic tourism development and facilitation programmes and projects.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- A Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management, Marketing, Business Management, International Relations or equivalent.
- A Master’s degree in the above fields would be an added advantage.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, two (2) of which must be at senior management level in the Tourism and Hospitality Management sector.
- Sound knowledge of current international tourism and hospitality trends, National Development policies, Programmes and Priorities.
- An understanding of the regulations, policies, Regional and International protocols and conventions on Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Strong leadership, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Exceptional networking skills and ability to engage relevant stakeholders across the social divide.
- Ability to employ information communication technology in the monitoring of Tourism and Hospitality Management programmes.
Candidates, [especially women], with relevant long-term experience at senior levels in the private sector or in the non-state enterprises domain within and outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Application letters, including detailed CVs and copies of certificates should be submitted to [email protected] by 26 June 2022 and should be addressed to:
Public Service Commission
Related Jobs (22)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship