Development of the Zimbabwe National Pulse
- Post Date:September 20, 2021
- Views 266
- Career Level ConsultantQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A local organization seeks to develop a Zimbabwe National Pulse (ZNP) whose main purpose will be to systematically collect, analyze and communicate information pertaining to socio-economic and political developments at the lowest possible levels of society with the view to inform national policy and development programing by state and non-state actors. A comprehensive indicator system with multiple variables and simplified tools to collect qualitative and quantitative data will be developed. The idea is to collect information through media and local context monitoring among other approaches, processing this and sharing the information in a bi-directional way drawing examples from the previous processes. The pulse is expected to cover social, political and economic developments with its main target being to collect, analyse and communicate the experiences of citizens in a systematic and credible manner.
The Consultant is expected to:
- Conduct meetings with the our secretariat to understand the organisation’s aspirations on the National Pulse;
- Assess products related to the National Pulse in Zimbabwe and identify niche areas or uniqueness of the product;
- Develop a short concept note after consultation with the our secretariat to specify the goal, objectives, methods, thematic focus areas and scope of the National Pulse;
- Develop and pilot robust tools and approaches for information collection, processing, and packaging for the National Pulse;
- Identify approaches to information packaging for different demographic groups for example the youths and the older generation;
- Identify the marketing strategies for this product and distribution mechanisms.
- Concept Note on National Pulse with clear objectives, methodology and scope;
- Piloted tools for data collection, processing, and packaging;
- Product dissemination strategy.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s or higher Degree in Economics, Developments, Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent. Consideration will also be given to those with Bachelor’s Degree with more years working experience in lieu of Master’s degree;
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in development work at the national or international level, extensive experience in research and policy-level analysis;
- Hands-on experience in providing technical advice and designing innovative development interventions;
- Have vast knowledge and experience of the nation building and humanitarian development work;
- Has in-depth knowledge of research and inter-disciplinary issues in Zimbabwe as well as experience in formulation and evaluation of development programmes and projects;
- Positive and constructive attitude towards work.
Please send an expression of interest with an indicative budget for the assignment by email to [email protected]
Please ensure your email subject clearly reads the position applied for.
Deadline: 27 September 2021 (COB)