Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Post Date:February 2, 2021
- Views 499
- Career Level ConsultantExperience 5-10 Years
The contractor seeks services of a consultant to develop Standard Operating Procedures for handling and supporting Victims of Gender Based Violence Violations emanating from conflict.
Objectives of the consultancy services
The overall objective of the engagement is to provide consultancy services with specific reference to the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for handling and supporting victims of gender based violations emanating from conflict.
The SOPs are based on a Victim-centered approach that places the needs of the victim at the center of all the commission mechanisms and focuses on the short-term and long-term best interest of the victim. The SOPs are also cognizant of the need to protect the rights of Victims. These rights are protected in the Constitution and in key international Human rights instruments that Zimbabwe is a party to.
Specifically, the SOP will provide:
- A standardized procedural framework and guidelines to provide support to victims of gender based violence violations in a manner that protects the rights and dignity of victims;
- Safeguarding measures to be taken by the commission and its stakeholders to ensure that mechanisms are in place to deal with instances where no harm is caused to survivors;
- Define and strengthen synergies between departments in handling the same victims at different stages.
Scope of the work
The Consultant will be responsible for developing gender-responsive and victim friendly SOPs to ensure accountability and standardisation of handling and supporting victims by the 12 February 2021.
Required skills and experience
This assignment is for teams or Institutions and not for individuals. The assignment requires:
- Team leader must have a minimum of five (5) years relevant professional experience in developing gender-responsive and victim-centred standard operating procedures, guidelines and policies;
- Experience in gender-based violence, gender responsive and victim-centred approaches to programming;
- Experience working in the case management stream of violence against women;
- Experience in creating and editing documents for publication.
Duration of the assignment
The duration of the assignment is 8 days.
Interested applicants should forward a one-page cover letter and bid of no more than 3 pages and detailed CVs to [email protected]
Candidates are required to attach sample of previous similar work they have done.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: 7 February 2021
Related Jobs (10)
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on August 1, 2022 Contract Full Time
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Manager on August 1, 2022 Contract Full Time