Development of Podcasts (Women’s Participation in Electoral Processes)
- Post Date:October 21, 2021
- Views 233
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Media
Emthonjeni Women’s Forum (EWF) is an NGO that was established in 2010 to assist in preventative and responsive measures of gender-based violence and in addressing behavior change gaps for survivors and perpetrators of domestic violence. EWF was specifically founded to assist women overcome domestic violence and realize their economic potential as well as creating a platform where they can share and exchange information on various issues brought about by various inequalities between men and women. The organization is currently operating in Matabeleland South, North and in Bulawayo. EWF seeks consultancy services towards the development of podcasts on women’s participation in electoral processes, including the value of registering to vote and the actual voting process on the development of their communities. These podcasts are expected to initiate and inculcate conversations among groups of women in targeted communities.
The major objective of this assignment is to develop podcasts on women’s participation in electoral processes, including the value of registering to vote and the actual voting processing.
Roles and responsibilities
The consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Management of the podcast recordings;
- Prepare dramatized conversations, research and write scripts;
- Oversee the sound editing and audio production.
The consultant is expected to deliver:
- Podcast Series concept ideas (themes, personalities, etc.) and 8 Podcasts, recorded and edited.
The following method suggests ways in which the process will be undertaken:
- Two days of conducting assessments and reviewing of literature and organisational documents;
- One day for consultative meeting;
- Five days drafting of scripts;
- One day draft scripts presentation;
- One day finalisation of the scripts, Seven days of recording of conversations on women’s participation in electoral processes;
- One day of submission of the draft recordings;
- One day of the finalisation and submission of the podcasts.
Technical direction during the performance of this task will be provided by the EWF Director or assigned officer.
Required skill and competencies
- Advanced university degree in Communication or Journalism, Social Science Studies or related post-graduate qualification;
- A qualification and or competency in electoral processes, women’s rights and gender studies will be an added advantage;
- Proven record of producing podcasts for NGOs;
- Demonstrable knowledge of managing information;
- Extensive experience in conducting interviews;
- Fluency in written and spoken Ndebele is an added advantage.
Applications must be sent by email to [email protected] with subject heading “PROPOSAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF PODCASTS (Women’s Participation in Electoral Processes); The tender should be no more than 5 pages, and is expected to include:
- A cover letter outlining motivation and summarizing relevant experience;
- Contact details for at least two independent referees with in-depth and proven knowledge of the applicant’s expertise and relevant work experience;
- Background of the consultancy company / individual;
- Proposition on how the project would be conducted;
- CV of consultant/s involved in the project and examples of previous work should accompany the tender; and charge for the consultancy.
Deadline: 29 October 2021
Related Jobs (32)
Site QA/QC Coordinator on December 6, 2021
Broadcast Content Monitoring & Compliance Assistant on December 6, 2021 Full Time