Development of Animated Videos
- Post Date:February 11, 2021
- Views 548
- Career Level Consultant
About the organisation
A local human rights organisation that promotes and protects human rights in Zimbabwe.
While the Declaration of Rights in the Constitution of Zimbabwe sets out rights which every person is entitled to, citizens suffer systematic violations of human rights, impunity and disregard of the rule of law. The systematic violations of human rights and resultant impunity are a result of a citizenry that is ill equipped to deal with such abuse due to lack of knowledge and capacity to hold perpetrators accountable. In the fight against impunity, it is therefore important to create awareness of human rights in Zimbabwe. Once communities are empowered with knowledge, they can assert their rights without fear of victimization. It is on this background and upon realization of the importance of human rights awareness that the organisation is seeking the services of a consultant to develop animated videos to boost this awareness campaign.
Objectives of the animated videos
The main objectives of the animated videos are to:
- To empower citizens through legal education on their rights so that they assert these without fear of victimization;
- Enlighten citizens on the importance of consulting with legal practitioners and have access to legal aid on issues that require litigation.
Specific terms of reference
- Development of animated videos to educate citizens on different human rights issues as shall be determined by the organization.
Key deliverables and timelines
The following deliverables will be expected from the Consultant:
- Consultant will prepare script and narration for overall animation in English explaining step-by-step actions;
- Production of animated videos in English, Shona and Ndebele providing human rights education to different issues as agreed per submitted script;
- Any type of data e-g Scripts, images, clips, will be finalized in the animation after the consultation and approval;
- Delivery of original artwork and video files.
The consultant will be expected to produce animated videos, infographics and videos packaged and delivered in the following formats:
- High resolution electronic storage format;
- Web size format for uploading to YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook;
- Mobile size format specifically for mobile applications like WhatsApp;
- All video to be submitted in MP4 format;
- The background music should resonate with the Zimbabwean context;
- A signature tune needs to be developed as an intro for every animation video;
- Sign language should be incorporated into the video.
Suitable applicants should have the following:
- Three examples of past video animation productions they have directly designed and produced;
- Demonstrated competency with developing and producing video animations and infographics for video infomercials;
- Able to produce a VAT certificate together with the invoice for payment.
Expression of interest
Interested candidates should:
- Provide a brief resume (not more than 2 pages) focusing on required skills and experience);
- Institutions/organizations should send an organizational profile and resume for lead consultant;
- Cost estimates and number of days required for the development of five animated videos.
Interested candidates must submit their expression of interest on [email protected]
Deadline: 26 February 2021