Development of a Database Build Into a Grant Management System (GMS)
- Post Date:March 14, 2021
- Views 345
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association (ZELA) is seeking the services of a consultant to help the organisation develop a grant management system (GMS). The need for an institutional grant management system is to advance an already existing data and information storage system to a more modern design and with ease of processing and generate meaning for decision making. It has become inevitable for the organisation to embrace the new reality of digital ways of data processing, storage, and archiving. This information includes data in the form of pictures, text documents, video, and audio files. Establishing a sound database system requires a professionally tailored solution that keeps data clean, organized, secure, and easily accessible for authorized users from multiple devices. This database system needs to be integrated with the GMS that feeds key stakeholders with the information required for decision making. It is against this background that ZELA is seeking the services of a consultant who will help the organisation develop a database that carefully packages and stores data in a secure and reliable environment that can also be optionally integrated with other data sources to reduce manual input and ensure there are linkages to GMS relevant for an information management system.
To develop a GMS that allows for data management and storage in a fast and convenient way that works both online and offline facilitating linkages to other data sources.
Specific terms of reference
- To develop a grant management system that ensures timely and accurate data management and reporting;
- To design a system that produces regular high-quality analysis products necessary for learning and decision making;
- To design a system to monitor and optimize database design, content, structure, and other management issues related to grants;
- To develop an on-board data backup and recovery architectures;
- To design data security architecture as appropriate measures to ensure the security of the data;
- To design administrators privileges to coordinate data management issues (e.g., deletion of records, query management, internet reports) within the data users’ group;
- To design and develop database applications in response to ZELA’s information needs, using SQL and linked to a grant management system;
- To install the GMS on web or cause it to be hosted in the web, write application manuals, develop documentation procedures, develop access rights privileges and train ZELA staff on use of the system;
- To develop a system that assures the quality of data feeds, processing of downloads from offices, and development of imbedded donor databases.
- Institutional database and GMS for ZELA; ZELA staff capacitated on how to use the GMS;
- Development of a protocol on the GMS that includes application manuals and documentation procedures.
Applicant requirements / Relevant qualifications
- More than 5 years of experience in web and database development;
- Experience in building data management systems and software systems that facilitate management and access of organizational data and information on grants;
- Knowledge of tools such Python, PHP, .Net, MSSQL, MySQL and any application frameworks to create custom software systems to allow the organization to access and retrieve its data with ease.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply including the following:
- Technical and financial proposal;
- Brief resume with at least three traceable reference organization where similar services have been provided;
- Link(s) to previous work done by the consultant, related to the assignment;
- A screen shot of a dashboard on previous work done.
Interested and qualified Consultants who meet the above requirements should send their application clearly stating how they meet the requirements, methodology to be used and cost of the consultancy to: [email protected]
The title of the consultancy should be clearly stated in the email subject.
Deadline: 22 March 2021