Development Facilitator (Livelihoods)
- Post Date:September 8, 2021
- Views 284
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives.
World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. World Vision Zimbabwe(WVZ) is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
POSITION TITLE: DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR (LIVELIHOODS)
LOCATION: MBIRE & MUZARABANI AREA PROGRAM
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Development Facilitator (Livelihoods) will support the effective implementation of the Livelihoods Technical Project (TP) through ensuring that project activities are implemented within the set period, budget and scope; participate in the production of technical support materials and provide guidance to program teams on Livelihoods programming.
Program Planning and Implementation
- Provide technical leadership in livelihoods and ensure quality livelihoods evidence building in the Area Program (AP).
- Provide clarity to partners on the specific interventions and deliverables.
- Ensure the integration of Faith and Development, Child Protection, Advocacy and Disaster Risk Reduction in all program interventions with technical support from responsible World Vision Zimbabwe (WVZ) Technical Managers.
- Work closely with the program team leader, sponsorship operations staff, and community in integrating sponsorship in programming
Monitoring and Reporting
- Coordinate assessments and establish beneficiary profiles for programming models to inform programming; develop TP monitoring and evaluation plans and tools; and conduct TP baseline and evaluation surveys.
- Conduct regular reflection and learning meetings with stakeholders and prepare programme management reports Support sponsorship review meetings and tracking of SOIs.
Capacity Building of Teams
- Facilitate trainings for stakeholders/partners/beneficiaries on Livelihoods programming models as appropriate: includes – Building Secure Livelihoods and Access to Markets, Savings for Transformation, Ultra Poor Graduation, Climate Resilient Agricultural practices, Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture etc.
- Build community capacity in networking and partnerships
Stakeholder Engagement and Collaboration
- Support WVZ staff and partners in the design and rollout of annual work plans with clear quarterly milestones.
- Ensure the identification and strengthening of Private and Public partnerships for innovative and appropriate livelihoods programming.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources/Environment, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering or related field.
- Masters’ degree is an added advantage
- Certification in Agricultural Models with a key focus on the Building Secure Livelihoods and access to Markets model – Climate Smart Technologies, Value Chain Development, Value Addition.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in humanitarian work within either of the sectors of Livelihoods: Food Security, Economic Development, Natural Resources Management, Environment, and Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills. Strong facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups.
- Sound management skills, excellent communication skills with good negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated capacity as a team player and to lead partners to achieve a common goal.
- Confident, sound training, facilitation and representation/relationship management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to independently manage competing priorities as well as a demanding workload and tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office application particularly Excel and Word
- Clean Class Four Driver’s license
Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 9 September 2021
Related Jobs (33)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021