- Post Date:August 12, 2021
- Views 359
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a sharp, mature, results oriented and dynamic individual to fill in the above listed position based in Harare on a three-year closed contract basis renewable on good performance.
Reporting to the Business development Manager the Development Chemist will among other functions improve the current products offered by Chemplex and develop new products that strengthen the organization’s position in the marketplace.
- Driving the product development function
- Improving existing formulations
- Preparing product registration dossiers and submission to both local and foreign registration authorities.
- Managing product patent rights.
- Extension of claims on existing formulations
- Driving import substitution research on key imported raw materials.
- Running stability studies on new and existing formulations
- Identifying partners for research collaboration
- Monitoring progress on outsourced research work
Qualification and Experience
- BSc degree in either Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering and or Applied Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Good knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices standards and guidelines adopted by MCAZ and WHO.
- Very good knowledge of Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe’s (MCAZ) regulations.
- Should have undergone at least a 2-year structured graduate learnership programme.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical, chemical, minerals, or other process industry.
- A post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
Applications, accompanied by comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted not later than 15 August 2021 to: [email protected] i