Design Engineer (Roads)
- Post Date:September 17, 2021
- Views 228
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in its various Departments.
POSITION : DESIGN ENGINEER (Roads) (1 POST)
GRADE : 7
REPORTING TO : PRINCIPAL ENGINEER- DESIGNS
LOCATION : CLEVELAND HOUSE
DEPARTMENT : WORKS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the above vacancy in the Roads Division of the Department of Works in the City of Harare.
Responsible for designing and supervision of roads and storm water drain construction to Council standards. Provides the City with quality engineering design services and advice for construction and rehabilitation of assigned projects and auditing construction conformance with design standards. Ensuring the interests of the City are observed and adhered to by Developers.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Designing of roads infrastructure for the City
- Preparation of Tender documentation including drawings, specifications and cost estimates.
- Checking and approving designs done by engineering consultants on behalf of Private developers.
- Participating in meetings with Clients and project team members.
- Ensuring all road construction on-going within the City is done to specifications and designs
- Preparation of Reports.
- Guiding and mentoring subordinates.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- At least two years working experience in an engineering field.
- Should have undergone a structured graduate trainee program with a reputable organisation.
- Membership of the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers or other relevant Institution is an added advantage.
- Clean Class 4 Drivers Licence will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices and methods as applicable to a municipal setting: some knowledge of applicable City policies, By-laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography and other topographical or geotechnical data to plan projects.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software like AutoCAD, Civil 3D and other specialized software applications used in planning. modelling and design or roads.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information, orally and in writing to contractors, developers. property owners, employees, consultants, other governmental agency representatives, City officials and the general public
- Team player
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O. Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
OR hand delivered to:
Records Office.Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare
To arrive not later than 22nd September 2021
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Related Jobs (13)
Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director on October 14, 2021 Contract
Assistant Soap Manager on October 12, 2021