Deputy Director, Training
- Post Date:June 30, 2021
- Views 457
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
The Public Service Commission is inviting applications to fill the vacant posts of 1 x Deputy Director, Training in the Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Fisheries, Water and Rural Resettlement as detailed below:
GRADE : E5
REPORTS TO : DIRECTOR: TRAINING
DEPARTMENT : AGRICULTURAL ADVISORY SERVICES
STATION : HEAD OFFICE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the formulation and review training and human resources development policies, strategies and plans.
- Develop budgets and funding strategies for training and human resources development programmes
- Facilitate technical input into the procurement of equipment, services and materials for training and human resources development.
- Conduct research to identify critical skills shortage areas in the Department and recommend relevant policy interventions for skills development.
- Enforce adherence to training and other human capital developments such as the Public Service Regulations, general employment regulations, statutes and the requirements of education and training regulatory authorities, examinations boards and learning institutions.
- Superintend over all capacity building activities and the development, implementation and assessment of training programmes by specialist Departments/ Divisions/ Sections in the ministry.
- Coordinate the production of Human Resources Training Development plans for the Department and manage its implementation
- Provide guidelines on needs assessment, monitoring and evaluation of human capital development programmes and activities;
- Manage the identification of training needs based on skills gap analyses and the development of group and individual learning courses for the Department.
- Manage the development of collaborative partnerships on training and development in liaison with the Human Resources, Agricultural Education and Farmer Training Directorates and other relevant stakeholders in line with the Ministry`s thrust on increased crop and livestock production and self-sufficiency.
- Facilitate the orientation and induction of newly appointed staff in the Departments.
- Facilitate the disbursement of educational financial assistance funding to support skills development
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of an integrated database for all training and human resources development programmes in the Ministry.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Human Resource Management / Organizational Psychology / Social Science with a bias in Training Management or a Degree in Agriculture with relevant experience in a training environment or equivalent.
- A Master’s Degree in the above fields is an added advantage.
- A minimum of six (6) years experience in Training Management in the Officer Grade or equivalent grade.
- Sound knowledge of human resources management principles and practices to include Training, capacity building
- Knowledge of Performance Management, Human Resources Information Systems and Human Resource Planning.
- In-depth understanding of modern training methods (including workshops, simulations, e-learning and coaching)
- Experience in organizing training activities in a corporate environment
- Conversant with Public Service Regulations and general employment regulations, statutes and education and training regulatory policies and the requirements of training providers
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Ability to employ information Communication Technology in the management of training and human resources development.
Candidates, [especially women], with relevant long-term experience at senior levels in the private sector or in the non-state enterprises domain within and outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 11 July 2021
Warning to applicants
The Public Service Commission does not request payment at ANY stage of the application, assessment, interviewing and placement process.
Should you doubt anything, Kindly contact the Commission on: [email protected]
PUBLIC NOTICE ON EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION PROCESS
Following the new restriction measures for containment of Covid 19 pandemic, the Public Service Commission advises prospective applicants seeking employment in the Public Service to apply online. This can be done by visiting the Public Service Commission (PSC) website, http://www.psc.gov.zw/ go to ‘human resources’ on the top banner and select ‘recruitment and appointments.’ This will lead you to the registration process; or CLICK HERE
With immediate effect the PSC will not be accepting walk-ins for the purpose of registration. Applicants are encouraged to use this platform.
For any other queries from serving civil servants, members should forward these through their Human Resources Departments in Line Ministries.
Mask up, Sanitise and Social Distance!
Related Jobs (29)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract