Applications are invited from highly qualified and competent persons to fill the position of DEPUTY DIRECTOR PROCUREMENT (1) which have arisen in the Office of the Auditor General.
Reporting to: Auditor- General
- Plan and organize the procurement activities of the Office.
- Provide high level technical guidance in work requirements and methods.
- Oversee the preparation of bidding documents in compliance with Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act.
- Supervise the preparation of bidding notices and shortlist.
- Manage bidding processes including pre-bidding meetings, clarifications and the receipt and opening of Bids.
- Supervise the Office’s evaluation committee in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act.
- Manage the evaluation of bids and any post qualification negotiations.
- Superintend over the preparation of evaluation reports including contract award recommendations in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act.
- Advise the Office on procurement regulations.
- Supervise the preparation of contract documents and oversee their management.
- Submit procurement and evaluation reports to the Auditor General.
- Incorporate procurement best practices and market research.
- Supervise staff in the procurement unit.
- Conduct appraisals for members of staff in the unit.
Qualifications, and experience
- A Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management /Purchasing and supply.
- A Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) graduate Diploma.
- A Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ experience at management level in Procurement management in the Public sector.
Skills, Knowledge and attributes
- A thorough understanding of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act and other relevant statutes.
- Must be computer literate.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to write procurement policies and procedures.
- Ability to make sound and good judgement.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent computer skills including SAP.
- Must be a good team leader.
Salary and Allowances: These will be revealed to successful candidates
If you are qualified and interested, please submit your application with detailed Curriculum Vitae not later than October 15, 2021 to:
The Auditor- General
P.O. Box CY 143
Or hand deliver to
58 George Silundika Avenue