Deputy Director - Procurement
- Post Date:October 13, 2021
- Views 189
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Applications are invited from highly qualified and competent persons to fill the position of DEPUTY DIRECTOR PROCUREMENT (1) which have arisen in the Office of the Auditor General.
Reporting to: Auditor- General
- Plan and organize the procurement activities of the Office.
- Provide high level technical guidance in work requirements and methods.
- Oversee the preparation of bidding documents in compliance with Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act.
- Supervise the preparation of bidding notices and shortlist.
- Manage bidding processes including pre-bidding meetings, clarifications and the receipt and opening of Bids.
- Supervise the Office’s evaluation committee in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act.
- Manage the evaluation of bids and any post qualification negotiations.
- Superintend over the preparation of evaluation reports including contract award recommendations in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act.
- Advise the Office on procurement regulations.
- Supervise the preparation of contract documents and oversee their management.
- Submit procurement and evaluation reports to the Auditor General.
- Incorporate procurement best practices and market research.
- Supervise staff in the procurement unit.
- Conduct appraisals for members of staff in the unit.
Qualifications, and experience
- A Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management /Purchasing and supply.
- A Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) graduate Diploma.
- A Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ experience at management level in Procurement management in the Public sector.
Skills, Knowledge and attributes
- A thorough understanding of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act and other relevant statutes.
- Must be computer literate.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to write procurement policies and procedures.
- Ability to make sound and good judgement.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent computer skills including SAP.
- Must be a good team leader.
Salary and Allowances: These will be revealed to successful candidates
If you are qualified and interested, please submit your application with detailed Curriculum Vitae not later than October 15, 2021 to:
The Auditor- General
P.O. Box CY 143
Or hand deliver to
58 George Silundika Avenue