Deputy Director - Legal
- Post Date:October 13, 2021
- Views 374
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Applications are invited from highly qualified and competent persons to fill the position of DEPUTY DIRECTOR LEGAL (1) which have arisen in the Office of the Auditor General.
Reporting to: Auditor- General
- Provide legal advice to the Office on various legal issues pertaining to the day to day administration of the Office.
- Review policy in relation to the pieces of legislation under the Office’s jurisdiction to be in alignment with the Constitution of Zimbabwe, Amendment (No.20) Act 2013.
- Consult the Attorney General’s Office on the interpretation or their legal opinion on various statutes administered by the Office.
- Consult with the Public Service Commission Legal Services Agency on the interpretation of the Public Service Act, regulations and procedures.
- Review changes to legislation (Acts) administered by the Office in consultation with stakeholders and prepare draft proposals documents to the Attorney General’s Office, to be in alignment with the Constitution of Zimbabwe, Amendment (No. 20) Act 2013.
- Prepare international and local agreements/contracts to be entered into between the Office and other parties, under the guidance of the Audit Office Board.
- Conduct research and keep abreast of the current trends on legal issues / matters (e.g. Treaties, Protocols and Agreements) prevailing in other Supreme Audit Institutions in the Regional and International arena.
- Prepare legal documents and the necessary Cabinet papers in respect of Acts administered by the Office and submit the drafts for examinations to the Attorney General’s Office.
- Advise disciplinary authorities in the Office on all disciplinary procedures and the Office’s Code of Conduct.
- Prepare legal correspondence and court processes.
- Report all court cases including court applications and judgments to the Auditor General and or Audit Office Board as soon as they are out.
- Assist disciplinary committees on the interpretation of disciplinary processes and regulations and the Office’s Code of Conduct.
- Prepare regional and international agreements/treaties and protocols for the accession, adoption and ratification by the Board.
- Represent the Audit Office in Court.
- Submit monthly legal returns to the Audit Office Board.
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor of Laws Honours Degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience.
- Must be a registered Legal Practitioner.
- Possession of a Master’s degree is an added advantage.
Skills, Knowledge and attributes
- Must have unquestionable ethics, integrity, honesty and be highly assertive.
- Must have excellent problem solving communication, interpersonal and team-playing skills and good leadership qualities.
- Have strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Zimbabwean Labour Laws, Legislation, regulation and procedures.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Acts/legislation being administered by the Office.
Salary and Allowances: These will be revealed to successful candidates
If you are qualified and interested, please submit your application with detailed Curriculum Vitae not later than October 15, 2021 to:
The Auditor- General
P.O. Box CY 143
Or hand deliver to
58 George Silundika Avenue