Deputy Director - Construction
- Post Date:March 15, 2022
- Views 457
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the post of Deputy Director – Construction which has fallen vacant within the Ministry of Heath & Child Care.
REPORTS TO: Director Infrastructure Planning and Development
GRADE: E5 (1)
STATION: Ministry of Health and Child Care-Head Office
KEY RESULT AREAS/JOB SUMMARY
Provide technical assistance to MoHCC construction projects from planning, designing, procurement, contracting implementation, supervision and monitoring in construction with Ministry of Local Government and Public Works
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise on the national legal requirements and procedures and procedures, international standards applicable to construction and engineering works.
- Ensure that there is effective supervision, monitoring, implementation and certification of the projects are completed in a timely manner and with the budget as per Global fund/UNDP guidelines.
- Ensure that there are effective quality control measures in place for the implementation and monitoring of the projects and that the contractors comply with all the technical specifications and Global Fund/UNDP requirements,
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the performance of the contractors working on various work packages by measuring, assessing and appraising the works.
- Ensure that all technical inputs and cost estimates of tasks of construction projects and budgets are accurate and provided in a timely manner.
- Support the Procurement and Supply Manager in all tender processes for the procurement of contractors and professional consultancy services including development of terms of reference (TORs), participating in evaluation and responding to bidder and procurement approving authority queries.
- Identify and manage risks and ensure that timely corrective actions are undertaken to ensure maximum benefit to the client and other stakeholders.
- Work with all relevant stakeholders including but not limited to Ministries of Local Government and Public Works and National Housing, Rural District Councils, Municipal Authorities. National AIDS Council (NAC), MCAZ, and NatPham to ensure that all projects are delivered in time and are in compliance with national regulations and rules.
An experienced Civil Engineer with more than 5 years’ experience in the construction industry preferably at supervisory or management level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- A postgraduate qualification in Civil Engineering an added advantage.
- Diploma/degree in project managements an added advantage.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 18 March 2022 to:
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104
E-Mail: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.