Deputy Chief of Party/Program Manager
- Post Date:April 22, 2021
- Views 387
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not-for-profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions. Zimbabwe Heath Interventions (ZHI) is seeking applications for a Deputy Chief of Party/Program Manager for an anticipated USAID/PEPFAR DREAMS project in Zimbabwe. The focus of the project will be to Prevent new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) using the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) approach.
This position is contingent upon USAID funding and approval.
- The Deputy Chief of Party/ Program Manager is responsible for supporting the Chief of Party (COP) in the day-to-day management of the program and in supervising technical and administrative teams.
- The DCOP is responsible for helping the COP to meet the project’s technical objectives, manage financial resources, manage program staff, maintain good working relationships with host government officials and local partners, manage donor reporting and ensure a high-quality delivery of services.
- The DCOP will ensure all actions and interventions adhere to USAID and ZHI technical guidance and align with global best practices, including the training of staff as required.
- Finally, the DCOP will also keep the COP regularly informed on all Activity matters, and assist the COP in meeting various technical, governmental, company, and USAID deliverables as requested.
- The DCOP, as requested by the COP, will also represent the Activity before a range of audiences and in a variety of platforms, at the national and state levels.
- The position reports directly to the projects COP.
- Collaborate with Chief of Party (COP) to provide leadership to the program, ensure strategic program direction, and provide high quality technical assistance;
- Working closely with other senior managers and Technical Leads, to ensure that the Activity consistently employs the values of ZHI, ensures the highest ethical standards, emphasizes the importance of communication and team work, promotes collaboration with other donor-funded projects and activities, adheres to USAID and ZHI technical guidance, and directly contributes to the attainment of the Activity’s contractual deliverables;
- Responsible for ensuring quality implementation under the project framework and ensuring high-quality technical programming through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the project’s strategic objectives and adhering to expected technical quality and reporting requirements;
- Maintaining rigorous focus on the achievement of the Activity’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Mobilize institutional and project resources, tools, best practices, innovations, technology to deliver a synergistic, evidence based program;
- Liaise with key partners and stakeholders to meet program objectives and deliver results;
- Drafting, editing, and making material contributions to Activity documents, including but not limited to weekly snapshot reports, quarterly and PowerPoint presentations, annual reports, studies, papers, survey instruments, and other operational and SIE-related documentation;
- Supports project planning, including the production of annual work plans, and development of quarterly reports;
- Effectively backstopping and supporting long- and short-term consultants.
- Managing the development, design, and implementation of all technical assistance. This includes taking responsibility for STTA SoWs, supporting the recruitment and selection of STTA consultants, scheduling and mobilization, field implementation, and final acceptance of the work completed;
- In the absence of the COP, provide leadership to the project; Assists the COP in creating and maintaining good working relationships with USAID, GOZ counterparts, local and international organizations, and other program partners;
- Oversee technical outputs of partner organizations, provide guidance and support and facilitate regular program and technical partner review meetings;
- Build capacity of staff, implementing partners, government counterparts, and other stakeholders in implementing HIV Prevention services at community level;
- Represent the project at stakeholder meetings at national, provincial and district levels;
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with program management and technical development;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent and demonstrated problem solving, project management and technical skills;
- Ability to influence motivates, negotiate and work well with others;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate staff to be accountable for project outcomes;
- Excellent organizational skills and strong record of accomplishment in meeting deliverables and deadlines and ability to provide oversight of financial and operational aspects of projects;
- Demonstrated ability to work with and build capacity of community-based organizations;
- Knowledge of Zimbabwean health system and HIV/AIDS epidemic;
- Ability and willingness to travel to provincial offices in Zimbabwe a minimum of 25% time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in public administration, public health, or other relevant degree related to the Activity outcomes;
- Demonstrated capacity to provide management oversight to large (at least USD8m annually), complex programs;
- Senior project management experience with at least ten or more years of demonstrated successful leadership in managing large, complex, donor-funded programs within non-governmental organizations or private sector in a developing country context;
Ability to organize and work with diverse teams to produce high quality project deliverables on time and according to budget;
- Demonstrated experience managing PEPFAR-funded projects;
- Capacity building and community engagement expertise and experience is required;
- Experience integrating gender into development programming is preferred.
- Step 1: click here to complete the job application form.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email [email protected] to clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap, or financial ability.
Applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 April 2021
Related Jobs (16)
Technical Field Officer – Health and Nutrition (10) on September 21, 2021 Contract
Ultra-Med Health Medical Aid Society has various vacancies available on September 20, 2021 Contract Full Time