Deputy Chief Engineer (Mechanical) (1 Post)
- Post Date:January 2, 2021
- Views 361
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
JOB : DEPUTY CHIEF ENGINEER (MECHANICAL) (1 POST)
GRADE : 5
REPORTING TO : CHIEF ENGINEER (ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL)
Responsible for the formulation and implementation of policies, strategies and systems for the design, selection, installation, servicing, repair and maintenance of all mechanical plant and equipment in Council, projects management including coordination and supervision of the Central Mechanical, Heavy Plant and Automotive Workshops.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Formulates and reviews policies, strategies, procedures and systems for the section.
- Plans, organizes, delegates, coordinates and controls programs and operations.
- Ensures all mechanical installations are up to approved standards.
- Approves designs and specifications relating to mechanical installations, vehicles, plant and equipment including spare parts thereof.
- Ensures safe working environments in line with the Factories and Works Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Environmental Management Act.
- Prepares and manages the section’s capital and revenue budgets and forecast.
- Manages the Asset Register relating to mechanical plant and equipment in liaison with Administration.
- Performance Management within the context of IRBM
- Performs due diligence on procurement processes for mechanical equipment through effective determination of equipment specifications
- Contracts Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Corporate Membership of the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers or other relevant Institution.
- At least five (5) years working experience at a senior level in an Engineering environment.
- Clean Class 4 Drivers licence
Applications clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for, shall be addressed to:
The Human Capital Director,
City of Harare,
P O Box 1680,
OR hand delivered to
Rowan Martin Building,
Not later than 12 January 2021.