Crop and Soil Sciences, Irrigation Engineering Lectureship
- Post Date:April 7, 2022
- Views 504
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the post of Crop and Soil Sciences, Irrigation Engineering Lectureship/Senior Lectureship/Associate Professorship/Professorship Temporary Fulltime (1 Year) in THE FACULTY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES.
- Ideally, the successful candidate should possess a Masters’ Degree in Irrigation Engineering , Irrigation Water Management, Water Resources Management with a merit or related field and first degree in Irrigation Engineering, Irrigation Water Management, Water Resources Management with a grade of 2.1 or better.
- A PhD in Irrigation Engineering, Water Resources Management or related field and teaching experience at tertiary level will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate should be able to supervise students’ research/design projects and teach at least four modules in one of the following areas: Engineering Mechanics, Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering, Computer aided Drawing, Electrical Power Systems, Pump Technology, Engineering Materials.
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research projects;
- Participating in outreach programmes related to Irrigation development;
- Sourcing research funding for the Department;
- Conduct and publish research.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to [email protected]. The application should consist of the application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, transcripts and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 08 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.