Animal Science and Rangeland Management Lectureship
- Post Date:April 7, 2022
- Views 485
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the post of Animal Science and Rangeland Management Lectureship/Senior Lectureship/Associate Professorship/Professorship (1 Post) Temporary Fulltime (1 Year) in THE FACULTY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES.
- Applicants must possess a relevant Master’s Degree with merit or better in Molecular Biology/Biotechnology and a BSc Honours in Animal Science/ Applied Biotechnology Sciences with a 2.1 or better.
- Applicants must have strong research mentoring skills and the ability to attract and manage research grants.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a proven record of publications in refereed scientific journals. A relevant PhD will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate should be able to supervise students’ research/ design projects and teach at least four modules per semester at undergraduate and postgraduate level in the following areas: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Molecular Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Proteomics, Animal Biotechnology and Genomics;
- Participating in income generation;
- Participating in outreach activities in the agricultural sector;
- Ability to innovate and facilitate service delivery.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to [email protected]. The application should consist of the application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, transcripts and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 08 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (27)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract